Paul Ragan to make an announcement about NHL situation

osh

Wannabe2 said:
osh said:
Well said Wannabe2, do you have the same trust in PR as you do in G ?
G knows a lot lot more about Hockey, will that do, as thats were my passion lies, hope things with you are good mate.

Yep, agree with you, not going to argue with G's knowledge of hockey over PR, enough said.
Things great here thanks!

paul ragan and brent pope where at the enl game sunday together, having a look at sean scarborough was the talk, paul left at the 1st period break, brent stayed till the end, kipper made an anouncment saying no money will be forthcoming from the d c f as thay have no money left to pass on to the under 18s toward there trip to france, so if anyone would like to contribute see so an so. this was made during the 3 rd period aprox ! now the only person in the building that would have an axe to grind over this and go squeeling to p r is brent, chances are kipper did't get a chance to put his side of the story over before he got band, and the club may not have a lot of money sat in the safe but to not pay makie for weeks when p r and brent take a wage come wot may stinkes and this is not the 1st time makie's been screwd over, although i can't argue with much in wot p r say's in his statment it's the thing's like above that are slowly grinding me down, there is a lot more that will come to light in the coming weeks, just don't know if i'll be around to see it's ugly head !

Foxy

redtilldead said:
paul ragan and brent pope where at the enl game sunday together, having a look at sean scarborough was the talk, paul left at the 1st period break, brent stayed till the end, kipper made an anouncment saying no money will be forthcoming from the d c f as thay have no money left to pass on to the under 18s toward there trip to france, so if anyone would like to contribute see so an so. this was made during the 3 rd period aprox ! now the only person in the building that would have an axe to grind over this and go squeeling to p r is brent, chances are kipper did't get a chance to put his side of the story over before he got band, and the club may not have a lot of money sat in the safe but to not pay makie for weeks when p r and brent take a wage come wot may stinkes and this is not the 1st time makie's been screwd over, although i can't argue with much in wot p r say's in his statment it's the thing's like above that are slowly grinding me down, there is a lot more that will come to light in the coming weeks, just don't know if i'll be around to see it's ugly head !
Thats a bit worrying about Mackie...............
So do we know if players are defo getting paid? May explain the inconsistancies

As for Kipper being banned..... how else are the under 18s going to get funded. IF DCF cant do it -for the life of me i cant see why they cant - how are people supposed to know money is needed?

redtilldead said:
And that's what all this is over??????

Maybe the rest of the match night volunteers should make a stand on this? This sounds like a dictatorship to me, an "agree with me or your out" attitude.
Will all the volunteers be watching what they say from now on?
You have goal judges, 50/50 sellers, SOHB sellers, stewards, sales desk operatives all being sent a message by the club that they either agree or they're out.
I know what I'd do.

and not one of the volenteers listed above and many others take a wage out of the club but do it for the love of the cardiff devils. it is ok for P R to make a statment, he owners the club, but watch out if you are a long standing fan ( that spent many an hour fighting to get our rink without which we'd have no hockey club, full stop ) that spoke nothing but the truth and get's band. he must have said words that the people at the top don't want the meanial fan at the bottom to hear, but has brought it to the attention of everyone by banning kipper :DWD . who it must be said has far more respect, than some i could speak of .

Dave Newton (@KipperBedwas) tweeted at 11:15 PM on Tue, Jan 08, 2013:
I have been in dialogue with @raganpaul and it is only right and proper that I publically apologise to Paul for the tone and content of 1/2

Dave Newton (@KipperBedwas) tweeted at 0:08 AM on Wed, Jan 09, 2013:
Just to advise that I am free to return as a volunteer @cardiffdevils should I so wish.Thanks for all the kind comments over the past 2 days

Oldgoalie80 said:
Dave Newton (@KipperBedwas) tweeted at 11:15 PM on Tue, Jan 08, 2013:
I have been in dialogue with @raganpaul and it is only right and proper that I publically apologise to Paul for the tone and content of 1/2

Dave Newton (@KipperBedwas) tweeted at 0:08 AM on Wed, Jan 09, 2013:
Just to advise that I am free to return as a volunteer @cardiffdevils should I so wish.Thanks for all the kind comments over the past 2 days
So Kipper is reinstated and the club have made a U turn, still worrying that this has happened at all

Sheincar said:
elliswf said:
Sheincar said:
If DCF have no money to pass onto under 18s where has the 50/50 money gone?
I've heard that some of it go to the devils if they need it.
Bang goes charitable status if true.
Think there are a number of inconsistancies with DCF and a number of questions have been raised from DCF accounts but no answers have been forthcoming - significant increases in directors salaries, no wonder there is no comprehension from Club of fans lack of money! Many fans have not had pay rises for many years whilst food, petrol, fuel, car parking etc have all increased, Devils cannot understand this?!!

IMO DCF should be run by someone independent for the benefit of DCF and Junior Development or Brent should not be involved with the club. There is too much crossover and appears funds not being allocated correctly (50/50 as suggested above)?

Many people are unaware of what DCF actually does. IMO DCF should market the good things that they do e.g. Echo advertise school visits etc. There is a lot of bad press and negatives thoughts on DCF but they have to take the blame for this as they don't market themselves, even fans don't know what DCF does!!

I am also concerned with Junior Development, knowing some families involved with DCF there seems to be more money going to DCF but less benefit to those playing?

Whoever criticised those not paying their parking fees earlier in this thread, then i'm one of them! If i knew where this money was going or that it benefited Junior Development then i would willingly pay but this does not appear to be the case.