Parking

Thread starter #1
Don't want to make a huge issue of this but why is the back gate to the car park only opened sporadically? It so much easier to leave the arena when they decide to open it. Anyone know?

On another note I noticed that the pool people were out in their orange jackets collecting money again last night. Might be worth another call to the council.

The council had the keys and didn't return them I was telling everyone who asked if the gates were open no the amount of abuse some people gave us lads in the car park last night was ridicolous

Can't they cut the chain and put their own padlock on so they can open and close them in future? Isn't the land and gate owned by the rink?

Lol

I'm sure the rink/PI know who owns that land. If they lease it from the Council then they are pefectly within their rights to demand access through that gate, and if the Council wont provide a key, they are perfectly within their rights to cut the damn chain! :lol:

If it is wholly the Councils property, theres less than can be done. But I can't see why PI can't negotiate usage and possess keys.

*sigh*

It all sounds like too much effort from a PI point of view ;)

Thread starter #12
Matt, thanks for the explanation. It does deem a bit odd as opening the back gate has been sporadic for a few years now. Surely if there was a saftey issue or an issue with the land owners etc then it would never be opened?

That is odd indeed Matt. You would think the Council would just leave them a set? Next time you have them in your hands, pocket the key and go get half a dozen cut!

Lmao ill try that if anyone comes to the back car park thursday then ask if the gates are going to be open before parking up then moaning you can't miss me lol