Parking Belfast Home 19.8.22

Thread starter #1
Will the Toys R Us car park be open for tonight's game? Or is it just the parking around the back and opposite the pool only? TIA

hip check

Out in about a minute but did leave immediately after the final hooter and legged it straight over, sitting in block 4 helps as the exit door is straight across the road from the rink.
I have been stuck there a few times before and it's taken me 5-6 mins to exit but no longer than that.

NathanG

45 mins I was in there. Then had to go from Cardiff to Port Talbot via Cowbridge due to road works. Got home to Llanelli 10 mins ago. Ah well, at least hockey is back :D

It will be Morrisons from now on though, parked there for the last 7 years. Will carry on lol

Hedd Wyn John

45 mins I was in there. Then had to go from Cardiff to Port Talbot via Cowbridge due to road works. Got home to Llanelli 10 mins ago. Ah well, at least hockey is back :D

It will be Morrisons from now on though, parked there for the last 7 years. Will carry on lol
The way the traffic lights work there only 2 or 3 cars can get out at a time and then there's a long delay for the lights to go green again. I parked in there once a year ago never again. You're much better off parking in wilcox House.

kingmo19.1

Why not just park over by the Oystercatcher and walk in over the footbridge. Ok, that will take 5 mins longer than parking in Wilcox/Toys r Us, however, you’ll encounter no queues at the end of the game, and you’ll save yourself £3 also!

Hopefully the request to use the Toys R Us car park at Watkiss way access will be granted, or, be used INSTAED of the current madness at the traffic lights will be accepted by the council, room for hundreds of cars and easy exit options.

Hedd Wyn John

That’s the Friday/Saturday crowd for you!
Why not just park over by the Oystercatcher and walk in over the footbridge. Ok, that will take 5 mins longer than parking in Wilcox/Toys r Us, however, you’ll encounter no queues at the end of the game, and you’ll save yourself £3 also!
Unless you're from the area you probably don't know about that. Personally I park in Nuffield. Slightly further out from wilcox house but saves me 3 quid. (I used to park in Global Reach but they put cameras up and started dishing out fines)

pjj365

As with any car park it depends what you want. Park as close to the arena as possible then you will get delays. Park near the exit your out in 5/10 mins
We try and park in front of Vaccines are us - near the arena good guick exit. So no complaints. It does mean getting there a bit before the doors open though
BTW never really suffered bad manners from other motorist.

Hedd Wyn John

Just an update to share...Cardiff Council have just notified me that their control centre has set up a plan to allow more green light time to help the flow of traffic exiting from the Vaccine Centre site, so hopefully a noticeable improvement tomorrow.
Terrific news, that alteration to the traffic light is much needed.

Finny

A little tip for those parking in the rink or swimming pool car parks, if when you get to the roundabout on corner of swimming pool you can see the traffic queuing past ToysRUs, unless you plan to go right at Morrisons go straight on instead of turning right. It’s usually a LOT quicker.