Parisi

Mazzoak

I’m surprised this has happened this way, I’m also not surprised.

Look he’s a young guy, he’s just left one of the greatest leagues in the world and was facing a year in a city he’s probably never heard of, going to a Uni that let’s face it hasn’t a great ranking and a small capacity rink in the EIHL, in the U.K. Sometimes the reality of such a dramatic change of circumstances can hit hard, making you question your decisions. It’s better all round to have happened now.

I’ll be surprised if he’s not at his next club within weeks or months......

Diafol

Poor character shown by this young man, absolutely classless. Whatever the press release says, I don't feel sorry for the guy one bit and can't fathom why anyone would. He's messed us around big time! - Was genuinely excited to see him play, but now I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth! He's old enough to know what he is doing, and he's let the fans, coach, team and owners down with a pretty rubbish excuse to be fair - especially after being here less than a week and not even playing a game! ...wonder if he even attended a training session or just fancied a free holiday??

If he had any class about him, he would have at least given it a go to see how things panned out
...Instead he let us pay for his visa, flights, kit, enrol him on a paid university course, print his name on jerseys, waste time getting player sponsors, announce him (to look silly days later) and also miss out on other potential targets while he's been leading us on ...and I'm sure that's probably only half of what we've done for him!

This decision is also harder to accept seeing as we have seemingly gone above and beyond based on the fact that we've waited for him to finish up his prior commitments before coming here, and he's really left us high and dry for the CHL.

As a side note, does this mean that we will have one less university space to utilise this year or could we potentially register someone else in his spot?

Devil94

He's not the first to do it and certainly won't be the last. It happened to Braehead only yesterday. In fact, we have been very lucky that it hasn't happened to us in about 5 years.

His first time playing outside of North America, he's a young guy, its a big move. He might have thought that a change of scenery would do him good, but he got here and realised it wasn't for him. No shame in that. And that's why although he has put Lord in a tough position, I do sympathise with him and wish him all the best.

Ill say it on behalf of the devils management as they are way to classy too.

Fuck you Tom Parisi you coward, You didnt even give it a week. I hope every hockey team shuns you back home. You dont deserve to lace them up as a professional. Absolute disgrace

Last edited:

RedDevil17

Some absolute classless people on here tonight!! You know nothing about the guy or why he has quit, yet you throw insults at him!! Wonders!!
Who are you to call people classless? That’s an insult in itself so you’ve completely contradicted yourself. People are annoyed at the way he did it, he absolutely snaked us. We payed for his flight, custom skates, his car, his flat, made him feel welcome here and he completely throws it back in our face. Funny how he leaves after just 3 days here! If your ‘heart and head wasn’t into hockey anymore’ then why sign the damn contract in the first place? We won’t have enough time to sign a replacement before the CHL so we’re buggered on that front. So yeah, people have a right to be annoyed, and by that fact so am I! Like I said earlier, no player is bigger than the club so if he wants to go let him.

Foxy

Fuck you Tom Parisi you spineless coward. Didnt even give it a week. I hope every hockey team shuns you back home. You dont deserve to lace them up as a professional. Absolute disgrace
Really no need for that........ and I'm quite sure you don't speak on behalf of the management...........

RTfarty

Fuck you Tom Parisi you spineless coward. Didnt even give it a week. I hope every hockey team shuns you back home. You dont deserve to lace them up as a professional. Absolute disgrace
It’s interesting how the hockey community rallies around mental health awareness, yet the minute someone speaks out honestly about not having their heart/head in the game anymore, this is the type of response he gets.

This is someone who has dedicated every moment of his life to playing hockey, who felt he was close to realising a dream of playing in the NHL only to be messed around and probably end up in a bad place.

Perhaps he thought a move overseas would bring his passion for the game back, but some things just aren’t meant to be. Imagine all the hard work and sacrifices he’s made to get to this point, only to find out that he no longer wants to play the game he loved all his life. At least he has spoken up now rather than put in a few half hearted performances and read some of the drivel from a select few on this forum. Who knows how that could’ve affected him down the line.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope he can rediscover his love for the game in the near future. I hope you feel the same way after some reflection, an absolutely appalling post.

Next time you decide to speak on ‘behalf of the management’, try to show a fraction of the class they do.

Last edited:

Gaz G

And I got battered for calling people bipolar. Well well well. Out of interest "GravyBoatCaptain" did you ever spend any time away from home, going into the complete unknown at 25, whilst being in a position where you might have serious life choices to make? I very much doubt it.

I'm gutted Tom didn't stay and play for the Devils. I have no idea how long it took to get him to sign. I'm none the wiser as to what course he was supposed to be taking. However, I have been in a position at a young age where I chose to be abroad and leave my family and friends at home. I was 18 but it was very very tough. The sad thing is that Tom didn't give it a chance, but if he's not happy then so be it. It's not his responsibility to make sure a bunch of fickle fans are happy if he has something else in the pipeline. For the record, anyone who moans about my fickle comment, please just look at the forum lately.

On a side note,,,,,I'm seriously pissed off that there isn't a microscopic fonted price list infront of a shit tasting beer.

Kevlar68

Wow! I'm amazed at some of the reactions. Many people through all walks of life have change of heart at the last minute and they shouldn't be judged for wanting whats right for them. Its not like he's shot someones dog. He's made a decision that's better for him.

Our team is still a strong bonded team, Parisi is one single player. Let him go and just move on. Its done, so that's that.

And I got battered for calling people bipolar. Well well well. Out of interest "GravyBoatCaptain" did you ever spend any time away from home, going into the complete unknown at 25, whilst being in a position where you might have serious life choices to make? I very much doubt it.

I'm gutted Tom didn't stay and play for the Devils. I have no idea how long it took to get him to sign. I'm none the wiser as to what course he was supposed to be taking. However, I have been in a position at a young age where I chose to be abroad and leave my family and friends at home. I was 18 but it was very very tough. The sad thing is that Tom didn't give it a chance, but if he's not happy then so be it. It's not his responsibility to make sure a bunch of fickle fans are happy if he has something else in the pipeline. For the record, anyone who moans about my fickle comment, please just look at the forum lately.

On a side note,,,,,I'm seriously pissed off that there isn't a microscopic fonted price list infront of a shit tasting beer.
No I left my entire family behind at 21 to find work, sleeping on the floor of a rented house until I could afford a bed and a sofa 3 months into my job.

What I didnt do, was accept a job with my new employer in a critical position to the company, force them to push my start date back a month, have them unveil me infront of the entire organisation after paying for my flight, accomodation and shipping costs, then turn around a couple of days before starting and tell them " you know what guys, im really not interested in this career anymore, oh I know you possibly turned down other people for this job that have now all taken other offers, but, ya know my bad". Oh and I didnt even walk in the office for a single day.

Thats the bit I didnt do. I stick by my comments, if I get banned, so be it. Its probably the most classless move Ive seen in a long time. Keep pretending he's a young guy thats lost his way. Hes 25 years old and hes done a massive dirty on us.

Some absolute classless people on here tonight!! You know nothing about the guy or why he has quit, yet you throw insults at him!! Wonders!!
Hardly unjustified so I don't really understand why you are having a go at some negative reactions.

It was a classless move to do what he has done, there's no two ways about it!
How has he repayed all the support/effort and money spent on him by his new employers/fans/teammates?
He's gone and handed his notice in after literally 72 hours in the country. That's a really respectful way of treating everyone who has worked so hard and backed you from the off. - Let's be real, bringing a signing in costs a hell of a lot of money, and takes a tonne of effort.

To decide something isn't for you after 3 days isn't really giving it a fair crack of the whip! I just hope he never has any kids...

Gaz G

No I left my entire family behind at 21 to find work, sleeping on the floor of a rented house until I could afford a bed and a sofa 3 months into my job.

What I didnt do, was accept a job with my new employer in a critical position to the company, force them to push my start date back a month, have them unveil me infront of the entire organisation after paying for my flight, accomodation and shipping costs, then turn around a couple of days before starting and tell them " you know what guys, im really not interested in this career anymore, oh I know you possibly turned down other people for this job that have now all taken other offers, but, ya know my bad". Oh and I didnt even walk in the office for a single day.

Thats the bit I didnt do. I stick by my comments, if I get banned, so be it. Its probably the most classless move Ive seen in a long time. Keep pretending he's a young guy thats lost his way. Hes 25 years old and hes done a massive dirty on us.
Hang on. You left your family at 21 and slept on the floor?? I've travelled all over the world and never found myself on the floor. You did it wrong. Perhaps Tom wasn't comfortable and wanted to go home? Yes it's a pain in the butt, however, if it was my son or daughter and they weren't happy, i'd say come home.

august04

The way he has strung the club along has been an absolute disgrace. With hindsight, it’s clear now that he wasn’t 100% committed by delaying his move here weeks after everyone else arrived. For me, that hockey camp excuse was just that. If he really wanted to be in Cardiff he would have moved heaven and earth to be here and prepare properly for the CHL campaign. Our defensive recruitment has been built around this guy and for him to leave here after 3 days, one week before we play two of the top teams in Europe is a bloody farce. He’s probably had a better offer elsewhere. Good riddance to him.

Gaz G

The way he has strung the club along has been an absolute disgrace. With hindsight, it’s clear now that he wasn’t 100% committed by delaying his move here weeks after everyone else arrived. For me, that hockey camp excuse was just that. If he really wanted to be in Cardiff he would have moved heaven and earth to be here and prepare properly for the CHL campaign. Our defensive recruitment has been built around this guy and for him to leave here after 3 days, one week before we play two of the top teams in Europe is a bloody farce. He’s probably had a better offer elsewhere. Good riddance to him.
Another pathetic comment.