Panthers Vs Devils - Wed 26 Sept - League

How annoying is Charles Linglet??
Got the potential to be a top top player here but it’s not working right now.

To many times he lost the puck yesterday and passed to the wrong person at the wrong time!

Gutted we couldn’t hold on for the win but hey ho on to the next which will be another difficult game in Guildford

BostonBart22

Crap coverage, main camera too too wide, commentators need to shut up occasionally, interview with Ritchie pathetic, pay peanuts you get monkeys. This coverage would never get on a main channel in a million years. As for the Director, did they drag him in off the streets. And the two clowns Murphy and Adey, well the less said the better. Pitter, Patter Let’s Get At Her. Garbage.
Question ..tweets for scores or tv coverage..no brainer is it..

jimmy snels

enjoyed coverage. good watch i thought.

batch has been doing great on D! bizarre to even mention him after another good performance. i thought our forwards were the problem not the D in that 3rd period. they didnt want to hold onto the puck at all and just let wave after wave come at the clearly shortened D unit.

need a big forward and a big stay at home Dman imo.

I would want and expect someone to stand up for hedden after that hit. i dont care if it was clean or not. he got absolutely mashed. set the tone for the rest of the game.

Gazza272

I would want and expect someone to stand up for hedden after that hit. i dont care if it was clean or not. he got absolutely mashed. set the tone for the rest of the game.
Because it was a clean hit though, that's an instigator call all night long. At that stage in the game we don't have anyone stupid enough to take that penalty. Some people get cleaned out, it happens.

Not just the best two teams going at it last night, but the best two coaches as well. As KettDevil said it was a fascinating watch and its something the panthers haven't had in a long while - the ability to adjust tactics so well on the fly, will make for an interesting season. We lost momentum in the third and small errors like Reddick getting turned around on the third goal costs us, but equally we could have been further in-front earlier on. Either way it was a great game of hockey.

I don't get the criticism of Linglet, he will settle in nicely, some of his plays are just ridiculous, but at this level most of the players aren't expecting it. He puts in so many clever plays in to the middle with no one there to gather. Give time and he'll adjust or, which would be better, the team adjust to his play and we'll be lethal. We just don't play a crash the net style in the UK and it will take some adjusting.

august04

Because it was a clean hit though, that's an instigator call all night long. At that stage in the game we don't have anyone stupid enough to take that penalty. Some people get cleaned out, it happens.
I hate the instigator rule, should bin it. I thought the hit was clean at the time but I’ve seen a few replays and the more you see it, the higher it gets! I’d still say it was just about clean though, a great hit and changed the game by getting the crowd involved finally. Guptill tried a similar move for his goal. The difference is we didn’t take the body like Hughes did, and he had time to roof it into the top corner. That was poor defence, no getting away from that.

RedDevil17

Why can’t we inject some of that spark and energy when needed?? Because no one will step up to the plate! Louis is the only one who wants to fight at the minute. We got done last night because of our lack of physicality which caused lots of turnovers and it tired us out. We did well in the first but we were very poor in the 2nd and 3rd. I said before the game we needed to hit everything in black and yellow that moved, we did the opposite and panthers did exactly that, hence why they won the game

Last edited:

Devil94

Why can’t we inject some of that spark and energy when needed?? Because no one will step up to the plate! Louis is the only one who wants to fight at the minute. We got done last night because of our lack of physicality which caused lots of turnovers and it tired us out. We did well in the first but we were very poor in the 2nd and 3rd. I said before the game we needed to hit everything in black and yellow that moved, we did the opposite and panthers did exactly that, hence why they won the game
I mean, we were only behind for 40 seconds. Why would we be looking to spark things up when we were ahead. Louis dropped the gloves when we were ahead, and look how that turned out.
That's what they were trying to get us involved in as they knew we were too quick and skillful for them otherwise, and it's a big strength of theirs. It's what opposition sides have been trying to do to us for years, which is why we always have the 'not physical enough' brigade on here. But if you look at the trophy cabinets, you can see which way is successful.

Don't really get the forum meltdown. To lose that game so late on was gutting but let's put it in perspective; we lost last minute of the game away to the second best team in the league. Nottingham probably won't play better this season.

We've got some much depth & skill in our forward lines we should still win this league at a canter. Agree we do need another import D but our defence is good enough to cope till Lordo finds the right guy.

Wannabe2

I mean, we were only behind for 40 seconds. Why would we be looking to spark things up when we were ahead. Louis dropped the gloves when we were ahead, and look how that turned out.
That's what they were trying to get us involved in as they knew we were too quick and skillful for them otherwise, and it's a big strength of theirs. It's what opposition sides have been trying to do to us for years, which is why we always have the 'not physical enough' brigade on here. But if you look at the trophy cabinets, you can see which way is successful.
Exactly we were only behind for 40 seconds, when your ahead and doing things right why would you want to mix it up.

Rich Best

melt down... people are posting their thoughts on a game. chill
I am also of the opinion that it is a bit of a meltdown / overreaction in this thread. To be expected, it always happens this way. This thread would be 4 pages or less if we had won.

So you guys / gals are welcome to your opinion and us so called happy clappers are welcome to our opinion that this is an overreaction. Things to learn, always things to learn win lose or draw - but no 'significant' issues or concerns to address.

I think Batch is playing great this year, better than last 12-24 months. You can really see how the extra ice time effects his performance. And I am sorry, but Reddick did not stand out as being at fault for our loss. It us a real asset to have someone who is so strong offensively as well as being no slouch defensively. I remember the days when we were so slow in defense, and really struggled to transition into attack and get bodies in front of the net where almost all goals are scored.

And as for criticism of bownsey - we will regret the day we haven't got him...

Mazzoak

Really really really yes really enjoyed that game. So close, have to say I’d describe it as scrappy, probably the wrong description. When two teams who are of equally talented players it makes it appear, to me, as scrappy game because l see it as neither team can get plays going, both sides read and reacted quickly. It’s a good thing, as has been said and I agree to win or loose in this manner is preferable to a 4-0 in first 10 min.
I really like their coach, seems a really gritty, say it how it is coach. I wish others would improve the off ice staff. So far it looks like Notthingham will be our only competition, should make for some epic challenges.