Panthers vs Devils Thurs 13th November 7:30pm Chat/Updates!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey!

Big game tonight for us, with a spot on the semi-finals of the Challenge Cup up for grabs!

MNL will be running at the usual location, http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl so make sure you join in!

The game will be shown on Sky tomorrow night, so obviously avoid this thread and MNL if you don't want to know the score.

I only know of one person up in Nottingham at the moment, if anyone out there knows anyone else who might be willing to text updates for mnl, could you please put them in touch with us!

Chris.

Gaz G

Re: Panthers vs Devils Weds 13th November 7:30pm Chat/Updates!

Saw the devils in the services with hicks! They have only just arrived at rink. Traffic terrible

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #4

Voth isn't dressed to play tonight, so that makes us 2 players down for this game. Damnit.

He's made the trip up, but is stood on the bench in normal clothes.

Chris.

Think this one could go either way tonight - think Latiluppe will notch a couple though, as will DC

High-scoring game is my prediciton anyway (0-0 it is then!)

Max

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #9
Definately far too many penalties. Although my texters from the game are saying Carson is calling unwarranted penalties.

Be interesting to see what happens in the 2nd period. Loads of emails for MNL tonight saying Carson will be calling everything against the Panthers this period!

Chris.

ta lads for sending the penalties etc. ih not covering game and neither is british ice hockey. So from a grateful Panthers fan - go kick them squealers in the goolies this weekend.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #13
And we're back up!

Apologies for that.

Game finished at 4-1 Panthers.

Man of match...

Devils - Towe.
Panthers - Molin.

Chris.

Koop11

That home loss against Basingstoke has really bitten us. After beating Coventry in their barn we really should have won this group comfortably.

The CC is not over yet but we’re going to be asking Basingstoke to beat the Panthers. I think the Bison are at home though and a win for them keeps them in the running so its all to play for.

I think the stronger team will come out of this in second and that is Nottingham IMO

Koop11 said:
That home loss against Basingstoke has really bitten us. After beating Coventry in their barn we really should have won this group comfortably.

The CC is not over yet but we’re going to be asking Basingstoke to beat the Panthers. I think the Bison are at home though and a win for them keeps them in the running so its all to play for.

I think the stronger team will come out of this in second and that is Nottingham IMO
I understand what you mean but some results have already gone our way in the group. nottingham drew 3all with hull.

basingstoke drew with the blaze.

admit it we will not qualify because we were and are not good enough to compete with the top teams-belfast, sheffield, coventry and nottingham on a week to week basis. We can beat them in a one off match but consistency is the key

Gazza272

I purposely didnt watch the resutl so i could watch it on sky, its currently half way through the second and what a shambles we are.

And its not just because we are tired its just shoddy mistakes, lame passes no conviction. Sadly in this game we are looking like a game of triers and not a team of do-ers.

We cant read a pass or where the puck is going to go, we are crying for a Birbrear type figure up front just anyone who can keep the puck in the zone, it's embarressing in this game how many times we just give up the puck in the corner.

It's weird really i dont think any of our team is cheating their pay cheque the effort is definatly there and they all look like they care, sadly i just dont think some of them have that cutting edge we need.

We look way behind a lot of teams at the moment and with Newcastle bringing in courtenay i fear we could be looking a long way down the table. We have possibly the best resources in the league and i think we have to be looking at bringing in a marquee player. I know people will say about the wage cap but unless the league is serious about enforcing it then we have to be looking at following other clubs.

I'm not usually negative but i am just sat here incredibly frustrated at the way we have played in nottingham and i think we will make the playoffs but anything else we will struggle with sadly. Especially if we get to playoff weekend on the big ice as we just look lost and low on ideas.

Oh well hopefully we at least smash sheffield around our barn on sunday :lol:

I wasn't there last night but I do wish you luck in beating them in sheffield. As to the league, I reckon you should be one of the top clubs. Although I am a sort of newcomer to the sport (this is only my 3rd season), I reckon you give as good as you get with regards to matches, eg. you can hold your own at times. I do hope though that your team isn't suffering the malady we saw recently - ie you ain't got your captain or a key player so your heads go down. I am not saying this is the reason, and tbh all the teams shouldn't rely on certain players playing in order to win. It is only a suggestion.

Gazza272

now the game is over i would just like to add one thing and thtas Ben Davies!

Seriously if that kid doesnt stay here for years and years our organisation needs our heads checked, well done sir you were a credit and finished the ngiht +1 if he keeps bulking up and continues keeping things simple i really do think we will have a cracking brit on our hands.