Panthers Vs Devils - League - 2nd March 24 - FO 19:00

kettdevil1

I really like Arniel. He’s not gonna be a PPG but he’s gonna be close enough and he’s a very good 2 way player
Agree, he also is someone who turns up when you need him, much like Ulmer used to. His goal tonight was a thing of beauty. Enjoyable third after the downbeat first two periods. Devils picked up the pace and were always the more likely but credit to the Panthers, they kept us honest.

Have to say I am really enjoying watching this team, the crispness of the passing and speed of transition is superb and whilst there are things that need sorting, it’s clear the players now ‘get’ what PR needs them to do. The tactics appear to be infinitely more complex than the last two seasons and that did seem to cause problems in the first half of the season but if we can keep the bulk of this team together and upgrade in a few areas, then we could be difficult to beat next season.

Meridian

Agree, he also is someone who turns up when you need him, much like Ulmer used to. His goal tonight was a thing of beauty. Enjoyable third after the downbeat first two periods. Devils picked up the pace and were always the more likely but credit to the Panthers, they kept us honest.

Have to say I am really enjoying watching this team, the crispness of the passing and speed of transition is superb and whilst there are things that need sorting, it’s clear the players now ‘get’ what PR needs them to do. The tactics appear to be infinitely more complex than the last two seasons and that did seem to cause problems in the first half of the season but if we can keep the bulk of this team together and upgrade in a few areas, then we could be difficult to beat next season.
Fully agree with this, if Sheffield hadn't backed fox so much for silverware this season could have been a good run in. I think Sheffield could end up like Belfast next year and lose a few top earners to better leagues which could bring the league back into a 3/4 horse race

Just got back from Nottingham, 3rd period was enjoyable but my god did we make it hard for ourselves! River had a good game back considering he not played much but arniel was a standout, he was everywhere and always a threat. Personally I didn't think we deserved the win but good teams manage to win like that so will 100% take it!

kettdevil1

Just to add for balance..... after the shambles of Friday, I thought the officials were spot on last night, no arguments with any penalty, offsides and icings were consistent and whilst I know a few fans were looking at the second Panthers goal as following a potential 'too many men' penalty, looking back, that would have been very harsh.

Not sure if I agree that Panthers deserved anything out of the game, they had a lot of possession but didn't do much with it. Shots were straight into Bowns and defensively they looked fragile when we moved out of second gear. Whatever happens this year they will get no criticism of any player from me but overall, I really can't see how they can make the playoffs on what I saw last night.

We keep on rolling, Blaze in midweek who are slipping alarmingly and desperately need some momentum.