Panthers sign Matthew Myers

ASHIPP

A great signing for the Panthers and I can see the loyalty in Matt returning there. And obviously Nottingham have the overflowing coffers to afford it! Sorry for him that his North American shot didn't quite work out like he had hoped - hopefully he'll get another chance. Ggrrrr....another fine signing off many peoples' wishlist bites the dust! :twisted: Giants and Panthers both have a strong Brit contingent. Devils have great British players....but missing the numbers. :?

Gutted. :cry:

I thought that with Joe being back, the lack of brits in our team compared with others, and the little mention G gave at the fan forum that Matt may come back here.

Nottingham and Belfast are certainly looking strong.

scottydoesntknow said:
Gutted. :cry:

I thought that with Joe being back, the lack of brits in our team compared with others, and the little mention G gave at the fan forum that Matt may come back here.

Nottingham and Belfast are certainly looking strong.
to be fair, G did say in the fan forum that Matt would not be back this year but they were looking to tempt him back maybe in a season or two.

Finny

I wonder whether Matt felt he owed it to Nottingham to go back to them this season. He had already signed for them when he opted to go to N. America - and with it being so late in the off-season it probably messed up their recruitment plans a bit.

Seems fair to me to go back for one season. TBH I'm not sure he would have fitted into our team this season with Finnerty and MacRae already signed up - Myers certainly isn't good enough to be our first line centre.

Wannabe2

Panthers offered his girlfriend a good job on top of a good salary, so we couldnt compete in fairness to the Cardiff management.

Wannabe2

Finny said:
I wonder whether Matt felt he owed it to Nottingham to go back to them this season. He had already signed for them when he opted to go to N. America - and with it being so late in the off-season it probably messed up their recruitment plans a bit.

Seems fair to me to go back for one season. TBH I'm not sure he would have fitted into our team this season with Finnerty and MacRae already signed up - Myers certainly isn't good enough to be our first line centre.
4th line maybe.