Panthers re-sign DAB

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Beauregard has re-signed for the Panthers giving them an import roster to rival Belfast last year. Beauregard will be the 13th import on their roster.

mazza03

James said:
Beauregard has re-signed for the Panthers giving them an import roster to rival Belfast last year. Beauregard will be the 13th import on their roster.
While we still run short benched, just a little bit fed up with it every season. :?

ASHIPP

Lets get real Guys. Remember this is fantasy land. Panthers Steelers and to an extent Giants have almost unlimied resources to secure success. The Devils, along with the rest of the teams in this league, do not. Accept it and move on.

Wannabe2

And so the arms race continues, the sooner the Panthers, Giants, and the Steelers form there own little league the better. Then when they win there league it will be on a even playing field, its a crying shame that 3 top EPL teams cant come up to the Elite, then the other 3 can do one.

Gazza272

Wannabe2 said:
And so the arms race continues, the sooner the Panthers, Giants, and the Steelers form there own little league the better. Then when they win there league it will be on a even playing field, its a crying shame that 3 top EPL teams cant come up to the Elite, then the other 3 can do one.

So you think the best way to fix British ice hockey is to get rid of the 3 teams with the largest fan bases?

They are 3 clubs who have ideas and resources we should strive to achieve. Like them or loathe them they are the bench mark. And Personally given the times we have needed help over the years with all our troubles I dont think suggesting leavign 3 teams with no where to play is really the best course of action.

We all need each other sometimes, sadly. But need each other none the less. Remember it was only 5 years ago Belfast lost their biggest sponsor and were close to going to the wall. They have worked hard for what they have. Again we should be striving to do the same not looking to keep the status quo and wobble on!

Gazza272 said:
Wannabe2 said:

So you think the best way to fix British ice hockey is to get rid of the 3 teams with the largest fan bases?

They are 3 clubs who have ideas and resources we should strive to achieve. Like them or loathe them they are the bench mark. And Personally given the times we have needed help over the years with all our troubles I dont think suggesting leavign 3 teams with no where to play is really the best course of action.

We all need each other sometimes, sadly. But need each other none the less. Remember it was only 5 years ago Belfast lost their biggest sponsor and were close to going to the wall. They have worked hard for what they have. Again we should be striving to do the same not looking to keep the status quo and wobble on!
"Applause"

Skippy

Seems an odd signing, its not like the Panthers havent been scoring of late ?

I guess if you can afford someone you may as well have them but it feels like the answer to the question that no one was asking " where will the Panthers find some offence"

They'd of been better off with a D man..

osh

Wannabe2 said:
I really wish someone else had posted the above as I wouldn't be accused of picking on you for the sake of it. But anyway, what a ridiculous post, and I think Gazza272 has provided the perfect riposte

kettdevil1

skippy said:

I guess if you can afford someone you may as well have them but it feels like the answer to the question that no one was asking " where will the Panthers find some offence"

My thinking is that DAB became available and if the Panthers had not signed him then he would have been picked up by one of the other top teams.... by signing him the Panthers have got (marginally) better but more importantly their opponents haven't been strengthened.

Wannabe2

osh said:
Wannabe2 said:
I really wish someone else had posted the above as I wouldn't be accused of picking on you for the sake of it. But anyway, what a ridiculous post, and I think Gazza272 has provided the perfect riposte
Good man Osh i won £20 on your quick response, you can pick on me anytime mate, have a geat new year.

osh

Wannabe2 said:
osh said:
Wannabe2 said:
Good man Osh i won £20 on your quick response, you can pick on me anytime mate, have a geat new year.

You'll probably have won another £20 again then for me letting you know you can't spell. Have a geat new year yourself! :lol: :lol: seriously HNY.

kettdevil1 said:
skippy said:

My thinking is that DAB became available and if the Panthers had not signed him then he would have been picked up by one of the other top teams.... by signing him the Panthers have got (marginally) better but more importantly their opponents haven't been strengthened.
This.

Koop11

While there is no rules preventing the signings of squad players and Nottingham are in thr best position to finally win the illusive league championship, I cannot blame them for making this signing. If I were the Nottingham management, I would do the same.

It is frustrating for the rest of the league that the arena teams are able to massively out buy the rest of the league but until restrictions and effective governance are in place then we have to accept it.

Dare I suggest, when the Devils are in their new home, we might be in a position to compete with the arena teams and would be pleased if we invested further in our team when pushing for a league title. The decision on the new home in a couple of months will make or break this club.

DevilDom

How many imports do Panthers have now? Is it 13?

Also, what are the rules on playing other imports when one is banned? Can you just bring another as a replacement?

kettdevil1

DevilDom said:
How many imports do Panthers have now? Is it 13?

Also, what are the rules on playing other imports when one is banned? Can you just bring another as a replacement?
Yes, including Coach Corey it is 13..... And in theory..... You can't just bring in a replacement.....