Panthers lose again

Russky

We seem to be falling behind abit: 6 points behind the leaders so a win tomorrow against Hull is absolutely essential! I am hoping for a face off on time this week!!

Russky

Poor Panthers!! shame - NOT!!!!

We seem to be falling behind abit: 6 points behind the leaders so a win tomorrow against Hull is absolutely essential! I we dont start winning soon then the Steelers will be catching us up and that cannot happen!!!

Also I am hoping for a face off on time this week!!

We do seem to be falling behind, last week seems to have hurt us quite a bit i'd say and unless the team click soon i dont think we will finish any better than last season.

Actually, we could have done with Panthers winning as they've played a lot more games than anyone else - Belfast winning just means we're further behind the top 4.

Blaze obviously the team to beat at the moment - top of the league with most games in hand out of the challengers.

Finny

So Nottingham lose only their second home game of the season...is it a coincidence that it was after a Belfast away game?

I see Nottingham got the home game on the Saturday when they wanted. So Belfast moved their home game to the friday night.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #8
A view from a panthers fan

Where do you start with such a shocking performance? Personally I wish I had been delayed a bit longer in Belfast then I wouldn’t have had to witness that shower of 5h1t last night! If only the Panthers players I put in as much effort as I did to make the game!

After a close game in Belfast on Friday night I was expecting the Panthers to really take this game by the knackers and really go for it. Unfortunately we got what I consider to be one of, if not the worst panthers performance in the NIC era.

One of the biggest reasons for our insipid performance last night was the antics of Belfast hard man Sean McMorrow. We allowed him to come into our barn and run the show. We were so preoccupied with McMorrow that less attention was paid to Colin Shields, Brandon Benedict and the outstanding Jeff Szwez, and the Giants made us pay big time.

McMorrow basically took the piss for the 35 minutes and 40 seconds he was on the ice, what really annoyed me is that no-one took him to task for it. With a couple of exceptions, we played like a bunch of fairies, running scared of the hardman! I will say this though. The cross-check that McMorrow put on the back of Mario Larocque’s neck was straight out of the bush league. I lost a lot of respect for McMorrow after that, I always had him labelled as an honourable fighter, but that was a deliberate intent to injure which could have done some serious damage. The league needs to look at that incident and hand out some supplemental discipline as he can’t be allowed to get away with that.

Only 19-year old Brit Stevie Lee stood up to him, body slamming McMorrow to the ice and for that he deserves a great amount of credit. Even when McMorrow skated to centre ice inviting a fight not one of our so-called hard men grew a pair and took him to task. He did his job to the letter (apart from the cross-check) and had a big hand in Giants win. I hope the team watch the video from last night and take a long, hard look at themselves!

chris592

Finny said:
So Nottingham lose only their second home game of the season...is it a coincidence that it was after a Belfast away game?

I see Nottingham got the home game on the Saturday when they wanted. So Belfast moved their home game to the friday night.
Because we'd get low crowds on a sunday.

Anyway this whole traveling to Belfast thing is getting stupid; not one Panthers fan I can see blamed the performance on traveling or that the Belfast franchise should be 'reviewed', or that Belfast should play their games Midweek to give their team an extra day or two to recover.

Really Finny your pushing this Belfast traveling conspiracy thing a bit too far.