Owners of the Devils at the new rink

Thread starter #1
Had an interesting chat with some friends and I am wondering who will be the owners of the Devils, when we move to the new Arena ?

Ta muchly !

Thread starter #4
Ah, I realise why I don't post on here much anymore.

OK, I'll spell it out for you.

IF Shannon Hope owns the name Cardiff Devils, what exactly does Paul Ragan own ?

What protection has he got to prevent the owners / operators of the new arena from running their own Cardiff Devils team, or the owner / operators putting the running of the team out to tender ?

As Devils fans I would have thought that it would have been of some interest, at least.

nmase2, I'm guessing that's your real age, if you haven't got anything constructive to say, it's usually better to say nothing at all.

AT68 said:

IF Shannon Hope owns the name Cardiff Devils, what exactly does Paul Ragan own ?

What protection has he got to prevent the owners / operators of the new arena from running their own Cardiff Devils team, or the owner / operators putting the running of the team out to tender ?

As Devils fans I would have thought that it would have been of some interest, at least.

nmase2, I'm guessing that's your real age, if you haven't got anything constructive to say, it's usually better to say nothing at all.
of course we were meant to get all that from "who will be the owners when we move to the new rink?" silly me...
As has been said the IP rights have been bought.

Sliput

AT68 said:

If you had put this in your first post you would have had a proper answer . Rather than opening with a question out loud that no-one can answer :)

Wannabe2

AT68 said:

As Devils fans its sometimes better to have no interest in who owns the Devils, and that's a fact. I have seen between 6-7 myself. Watching the hockey is the main interesting bit and it don't get political, watching this beautiful game is what brought me back week after week, as for the rest you can put it where the sun don't shine.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS. ;)

KaneDevils

Of course, you could of asked " what exactly do you mean mate"?
Rather than being damn right rude.

Hashtagjustsaying (can't do hashtags) :cry:

Foxy

nmase20 said:
AT68 said:

of course we were meant to get all that from "who will be the owners when we move to the new rink?" silly me...
As has been said the IP rights have been bought.
Thought they were being given to the supporters club....... cant do that now can we

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Finny said:
Didn't Shannon sell the name and IP rights?
A deal was agreed, does that actually mean it was completed ? Before anyone says anything I am not in the know or being negative about the club, just an observation
I agree Mark, we certainly don't know if it was completed.

voth26

AT68 said:

if you haven't got anything constructive to say, it's usually better to say nothing at all.[/quote]
If I was you I would think about what I was going to type before I actually did given that gem of a quote!!!!, I can see why you dont post much any longer,

Chris

Administrator
With only 10 posts since Dec 2010 they didn't really post much anyway with any accounts they might have...

As for the original question, I don't think anyone really knows who will be the owners when the new place is finally built. Whoever it is, hopefully they're not expecting a quick return and will stick it out for a few seasons.

Thread starter #17
Thank you James, Phil, Mark, etc.

I had heard there was 'talk' of the IP going across to CDSL.

Does anyone know why it didn't go across as planned or hoped for?

Whilst I have nothing against Paul Ragan, I am interested in what are the plans for the transition from the BBT to the new arena.

Cardiff City are in the Premiership and that could seriously impact on Devils attendances especially if the games clash, along with the present financial climate.

IF Paul Ragan has got contracts, etc. to say that he will remain owner, unless he sells, then it really is a time for some serious strategic planning from PR.

IF attendances do not flourish in the early days of the new arena and City remain in the Premiership, then it could be difficult times for the Devils.

However, IF PR looks at other stadium or rink transitions that have been successful, such as Brighton FC going from the Withdean to the Amex stadium with high percentage attendances, then things will look more positive.

Another aspect to weigh up is when I had my limited involvement with SORAC, what was alarming was the ridiculous rental that the Devils had to pay PI.

Dependent on any future rental agreement between the owners and the Devils will affect what G has to spend on the team.

The main crux of my original question was that IF the owner/operators also run the Devils as happened at WNIR at some point, then that puts the Devils in a VERY strong position.

As it's the off season, I thought asking the original question would be of some interest to fans.

I totally respect wannabe's stance as I know that he, along with so many of us who had followed the Devils since their first ever game had had enough of politics.

Many thanks

Thread starter #18
Chris said:
With only 10 posts since Dec 2010 they didn't really post much anyway with any accounts they might have...

As for the original question, I don't think anyone really knows who will be the owners when the new place is finally built. Whoever it is, hopefully they're not expecting a quick return and will stick it out for a few seasons.
Chris, as a moderator, your first sentence is quite dismissive, divisive and disappointing.

Regards to making a quick return or making a profit, you obviously don't know how to run a hockey team do you ?