Our D may be off at present...

BBW said:
I thought Michel looked settled on D tonight
This guy could look settled sitting in a nest of Hornets, totally awesome again tonight (as always). Thought he was rob for MOTM tonight. The hit on their 96? against the boards was worth it alone nevermind the 2 goals & 3 assists.

Sign him up for the next 3 years NOW!

Awesome! I still don't think we've seen all Matzka's got yet - he's going to get better and better I think.

Very early to be thinking of this - but I really hope we can re-sign the vast majority of our forwards for next season.

I thought Tylor was brilliant last season, but he's gone up a notch this season and seems even more skilled (whilst still going 100 miles an hour everywhere). I really think the Devils could have their new 'franchise player' with this probably being Vother's last season.

ASHIPP

Actually, the 'd' has to be taken into context. It is true that the style and confidence this season SO FAR has not been as strong as last season and the guys desperately need to replace Sawyer and hope Ritchie returns quickly but....... The Smith Brothers really played well last night spending an idiotic ammount of time on the ice but man marking well and clearing the zone most of the time, with Kenton passing the puck quickly and creating attack from the back. The pressure is bringing the best out in them.
G, as ever, was solid and scored a class goal. Sir Tylor is the Devils' MVP and is doing an excellent job on defence.
The netminder should also take responsibilty as a key member of the d unit. And let's be honest, the players cannot and are not responsible for every goal scored by the opposition. Stevie is accountable for some of these (many of which he would have saved last year) - he will have to overcome his current confidence issue to improve his personal performance.

The defence unit is depleted - and after 6 games/9 days playing like that these guys are completely exhausted,totally understandable. Results? 5 games played - 4 games won so far. Admirable, I'd say, considering everything.
Let's get excited about the newest Devil and look forward to a full d unit soon. :D