Other Elite teams players?

I very much doubt Beauregard will join a 'Big 4' club. Probably be in Switzerland or Italy next year if he leaves us.

And I'm pretty sure this is Lehman's last year over here. He'll either retire or go back home. A huge, huge loss to the league IMO.

TheStub

Apparently there have been a European scouts looking at Jodi.

So, he may be making a more - but after such a great season, I doubt he'll retire if he can make another season pay.

TheStub said:
Apparently there have been a European scouts looking at Jodi.

So, he may be making a more - but after such a great season, I doubt he'll retire if he can make another season pay.
i really doubt Lehman will retire, it would be a huge loss to the league he is the best in the league IMO

I read somewhere that Mathew Myers said he would come back to the devils after hes finished his university course. So hopefully if this is true, it would only be 1 or 2 more seasons, depending how long his contract with the panthers is for.

I also read that Jody Lehman would either retire or play in another league after this season as the pound has become very weak.

TheStub

scottydoesntknow said:
I read somewhere that Mathew Myers said he would come back to the devils after hes finished his university course. So hopefully if this is true, it would only be 1 or 2 more seasons, depending how long his contract with the panthers is for.
What was he studying?

By my guess, this is his fifth season with the Panthers. So, if he is doing his masters then yes - otherwise the Panthers have him :lol:

Suppose they made him a good offer to keep living the student life - and if he had friends in years below, it must be a good offer.

Perhaps if we can compete on money, the call of home would be strong.

It would be nice to get a British net minder too - more import out players then.

Gazza272

TheStub said:
scottydoesntknow said:
What was he studying?

By my guess, this is his fifth season with the Panthers. So, if he is doing his masters then yes - otherwise the Panthers have him :lol:

Suppose they made him a good offer to keep living the student life - and if he had friends in years below, it must be a good offer.

Perhaps if we can compete on money, the call of home would be strong.

It would be nice to get a British net minder too - more import out players then.
I think due to his course one of the seasons in Nottingham had to be him doing work experience, so he technically wasnt studying.

The British netminder idea is a difficult one, on the one hand as you say the impact of an extra import forward could help, but is there a British netminder good enough to lead the team to some silverware?

TheStub

British netminders are a catch 22 situation. Good netminders need to face pucks to get good, we don't ice Brits in goal regularly, Brits don't face pucks and prove them selves.

On and on.

It would be nice to have a backup, possibly from the EPL level, and ice them regularly. Take the pressure off the first choice on long swings. If you are facing Caps and Blaze on the same weekend, ice the backup on the Caps game to rest the first choice for the Blaze game.

Ah well.

Back to Matty - he could be doing a 5 year degree, I certainly did. Just wondered if we knew what he was studying?

Finny

I thought Myers had finished his Degree, had an additional job outside of hockey and had just bought a house up there?
Can't see him coming back unless we offer him big money. I'd like to see us make another bid for Mark Richardson in the summer though.

I definitely read somewhere as well that Myers was interested in one day returning to Cardiff, don't know about being after University and all that but it did say somewhere he wanted to.

TheStub

If he said that before uni, then I wouldn't put too much store by it.

How many of us went to uni, enjoyed the life and the new friends and never went back home?

it wasn't before university, i read the article this season. someone posted it on here in fact.
Tbh i would only change two players for next season, and that would be one forward and one defence.
Looking at the stats i would choose Paul Deniset for the forward, hes only played 37 games yet his points are right up there with the players who have played 45+.
Defence would most likely be McAllister as most people tend to agree.

Most of the people mentioned in this thread are important players at clubs higher up the table than us. I like looking for some gems from the teams below to play a big role for us, similar to how Silver came from the Caps and Jarvis and DC from the Bison.

On that basis, Marc Hurtibise's stats are really good for a team lower down the table than ourselves, and I thought he did well last night too.....

Max

nmase20 said:
it wasn't before university, i read the article this season. someone posted it on here in fact.
Tbh i would only change two players for next season, and that would be one forward and one defence.
Looking at the stats i would choose Paul Deniset for the forward, hes only played 37 games yet his points are right up there with the players who have played 45+.
Defence would most likely be McAllister as most people tend to agree.
I said on another thread I seem to be saying I hope most players are back last season, but then again, we're 5th at the moment and way of the top 4, so surely there needs to be a few changes? I know I'm most people reading this will be ready to post "but we've had so many injuries", but we're going to have injuries every season, and haven't Belfast had loads of injuries to their top players lately and are still looking good for 2nd in the league and 2 cups. Changes are needed somewhere but I'd be sad to see any of the current lot go.

Finny

I would rather keep Aubry than sign Lyle - for me Aubry is far more consistant and some Belfast fans feel Lyle has had one too many off days which has cost them.

Even if the import levels dropped I would still be keen to keep Aubry.

Finny said:
I would rather keep Aubry than sign Lyle - for me Aubry is far more consistant and some Belfast fans feel Lyle has had one too many off days which has cost them.

Even if the import levels dropped I would still be keen to keep Aubry.
yeah I would also much prefer Aubry, but I was just thinking, it could be an option.
Lets just hope we have Aubs for seasons to come :)

scottydoesntknow said:
what about Stevie Lyle
hes a british netminder... welsh infact
I would love to see him back here in Cardiff... which would then give us another import slot to use on a forward
to many poor performances for Giants im affraid, He leaves his net to much and has often been left near the face off circle when the opposition have scored, an import goalie is a must IMO,