OPINIONS: What do the Devils do?

Finny

I think it was pretty clear last summer from the signings made that Russell wanted a far more mobile D than we'd previously had in Cardiff. One where every player was able to jump into the attack when needed.

But I think most fans would say it didn't work. We often got ourselves into a winning position, only to not keep hold onto it. I don't think I've ever seen so many games where we conceded so quickly after scoring a goal.

i wouldn't be shocked if we went back to the model of an offensive Dman next to a defensive Dman.

ASHIPP

Register was up there with those you mentioned, shame we didn't offer him a few quid more to stay...Great loss...
One of the highest hockey IQs on the Devils. He could read the game so well. Ripping it up at Idaho in the ECHL since he returned to NA. Has regularly been selected in the end of season ECHL All Star first team.
Look what we missed. :mad:

BostonBart22

One of the highest hockey IQs on the Devils. He could read the game so well. Ripping it up at Idaho in the ECHL since he returned to NA. Has regularly been selected in the end of season ECHL All Star first team.
Look what we missed. :mad:
Exactly, no doubt would've made a great captain as well, he looked an all round leader..

I'd change some of the brits some of them not got too many years left, maybe look for someone young coming through to replace duggan. Its a shame reece kelly wasnt kept after his 2 way as I think he is an underrated british player, showed some promise last season and I think he will have a good season 24/25. Waller didnt have much luck with injuries last season if he stays hopefully he can regain a bit of momentum and consistency. I'm not saying they were bad last season but they aren't irreplaceable and there's some good young players coming through. Ben davies was great last season as always and I think Ben Bowns had a better season.