One player wish list

jenks33

Looks like Joey to Graz is a done deal then. Not massively surprised as he’s only 32 and he’s definitely good enough to play in better leagues. I’m sure he will be back at the devils before he retires. I think we have to try and be positive about this. Obviously it’s disappointing but hopefully we’ll get the brits back and trust Skalde with the imports. It might be a blessing for him to just recruit exactly who he wants rather than worry about re-signing players that he knows very little about.

moggy#9

Looks like Joey to Graz is a done deal then. Not massively surprised as he’s only 32 and he’s definitely good enough to play in better leagues. I’m sure he will be back at the devils before he retires. I think we have to try and be positive about this. Obviously it’s disappointing but hopefully we’ll get the brits back and trust Skalde with the imports. It might be a blessing for him to just recruit exactly who he wants rather than worry about re-signing players that he knows very little about.
To be honest I'm quite concerned about how much of a core we'll have left. Continuity has always been key, particularly going into the chl.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #24
Will any EIHL team have a core? All in the same boat. Only some of the other European leagues had some sort of a season.

jenks33

How do we feel about the veterans that haven’t played any (or hardly any) hockey this season? I’m thinking of Dixon, Linglet, Marjamaki, Morrisonn, McMonagle. How many of these would you have back? For me I’d only want Dixon back. I’d have taken Morrisonn and Linglet back if they were younger but they’re both pushing 40 now. Surprised those two haven’t announced their retirements actually, unless I missed that. I am worried about Dixon as well tho. He’s joked in the past that he doesn’t keep himself in great shape so I think 18 months out of the game will have done Dixon no good at all.

Wannabe2

We basically already knew that Linglet, Marjamaki,Morrisson,McMonagle wouldn’t be back, hopefully Dixon will return along with other great players,

Kevlar68

Thread starter #36
Hotham, Lord, Bowns, now Martin where people have said at some point on here "He's going nowhere", "He's settled here", "His partners Welsh" , nothing is certain in sport, money, contracts and promises can easily change a players mind.

august04 2.0

It always gives me a chuckle when it’s said on here that a player will never leave, his heart is in Wales, he bleeds red (?!) etc etc. At the end of the day, a hockey career is a short one and while some might stick around longer than others, you can’t blame them for going where the money is (and in Martin’s case, that and probably the security of a definite job next year). It’s pretty rare in the modern game, that you get a player like for example Voth, who stayed in Cardiff despite bigger money offers every off season from other clubs (especially at a time when Devils players weren’t treated royally, the way they are now and played in a tent!). I suppose that’s a big part of why his shirt hangs from the rafters though.

KaneDevils

Weller was a amazing player, but only played 39 games for us unfortunately, Teplitsky another real beauty, as was Lindman. But all in all Hotham was the Mutts Nutts.
Gave the puck away and was caught out of position too much for me, and certainly too much to be labelled best D man ever. Weller may of only played 39 games but I dont think he ever did anything wrong in those games.