Old Time Hockey

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
This weekend I watched 2 of the best games of hockey I have seen for a long long time, Giants v Storm Friday and Saturday, what a breath of fresh air those games were, old time hockey at it’s best. Big hits, couple of scraps, great saves, overtime, pen shoot outs, these games had it all, two teams who don’t like each other, two coaches who won’t back down, and players who stand up to be counted, worth every penny of my money for 2 excellent webcasts, great camera work and superbly presented. Those games are what real hockey is about, great skills, great skating, getting into the dirty corners, showing passion and desire by the bucketload, a pure pleasure to watch. In these days of pussyfooting about, these games were outstanding give me this desire week in week out anytime. Huge thank you to both clubs for pure entertainment, more of the same please. What a sport when it’s played as it should be.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

I thought the 2 games I watched last season in the Belfast double header were excellent , 2 teams in good form and had everything you want from a hockey match

hip check

Love the as you call it "old time hockey", it's a physical full contact sport by nature and that's how it should be played, yes love the skill, yes love the speed but miss the big hits and needle that this sport was built on.