Old Intro

Didn't we bring this back or something very similar for the first leg of the semi final CC game against Giants last year?
I'd like it every game, builds the atmosphere up even more so. Maybe bring it back for the new rink?

TheStub

I can see why - sometimes you need to innovate. The new intro links with the video well, and that helps build an atmosphere in a different way.

I always love looking at the New Jersey intros. They do a different "pre" intro for every game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4cN556FqeY (not suggesting we have the resource to do that) but they really build the crowd, and really use music and video well.

Although, if we were going to steal one thing from New Jersey, can we have the team skate out to The Grudge? :D

Also, whilst we are on music and atmosphere - perhaps we can use some more up tempo (metal ;) ) when things are getting nasty. Pick the music for the feel rather than the lyrical content - get everyone fired up.

James

Administrator
I fully appreciate the need to keep things fresh but nothing we've had since gets me excited for the game the way the old intro did. It may be dated and overly Wagnerian but it was great.

Sorry folk must disagree, although the old one was good, the newer intros have all improved on the previous version :p
I don't think trash metal really hits the spot, just anoys those who prefer a more refined Heavy Metal :RAWK

Always wondered why we don't have "fire starter" by the Prodigy !? Big fan of the Wah Wah section about 3/4 the way in, just think that would signify to the visiting team that trouble is coming! :RAWK

No criticism of the music guys, except a change would be nice each season :geek:

TheStub

Paul Sullivan said:
If I was stealing from NJ it would have to be the 'tron.

Never mind the roof couldn't hold it. Pretty....
You mean that we're not having a 'tron of that scale? ;)

If we're throwing in mad bits of songs that would get things pumping then the outro of Bloody Cape by Deftones. God help you :D

The old intro built up nicely, but always felt that the start of it dragged - but had the proper build.