Ohhh dear

Thread starter #1
seem's like hicks is back in town on sunday for the Newcastle game, wonder how long that will stand until its changed again :cool: , on the plus side we have dean smith against Nottingham

Wannabe2

Why dont we dress him up as a teddy bear, and throw him onto the ice when we score the first goal. :eek:
And for all those with no sense of humour, i was joking honest.

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
Why dont we dress him up as a teddy bear, and throw him onto the ice when we score the first goal. :eek:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

drainage

Well he has had a couple of weeks to reflect on the debacle he last officiated here ..... even someone as obtuse as him cannot failed to have heard/seen the re action to him.

Fingers crossed he comes along and impartially referees the game - now there I go again asking for the world :lol: :lol: :lol:

DevilDom

Wannabe2 said:
Hicks or Weller (at Hicks) :lol:

Someone at Elite League Towers must have had a word with him. This is a key game for the league. How will our referees deal with a big, strong, fast, powerful guy? First impressions count and if he ends up stuck with 10 minutes in the bin for a reasonable check he's not going to be gracing the tent for very long. That it will impact they type and quality of player we (by 'we' i include all the elite league teams) can look to bring in as it could get around that its not a great league to play in because of inconsistent officiating or being hard on big guys or whatever.

Fingers crossed he reffs a good game, lets it flow and only punish what needs punishing.

DTC

and Hicks also has his side kick Motton as one of the linesmen, recipe for disaster after the last time the pair were in cardiff?

Gospel

Well i will give Hicks until the 2nd before we get a ridiculous penalty and chances are Weller will be stung to.

Doesnt bode well at all me thinks :cry:

This is the Devils fans chance to show they are better than the moaners they are labelled as by other supporters (even though they have the same label in return).

When the 3 blind mice enter the ice on Sunday politely clap or stay silent, booing and jeering is likely to provoke a knee jerk reaction from them and thus impact more against the team.

From my experience at playing, silence is much harder to take in as you don't know if our loved from the cheers or hated by the boo's. The Cheers from the home fans always picked me up but the boo's from the away fans let me know I was doing an even better job I was under peoples skin causing them to react more. :twisted:
Just my thoughts and experiences.

ASHIPP

D21 said:
This is the Devils fans chance to show they are better than the moaners they are labelled as by other supporters (even though they have the same label in return).

When the 3 blind mice enter the ice on Sunday politely clap or stay silent, booing and jeering is likely to provoke a knee jerk reaction from them and thus impact more against the team.

From my experience at playing, silence is much harder to take in as you don't know if our loved from the cheers or hated by the boo's. The Cheers from the home fans always picked me up but the boo's from the away fans let me know I was doing an even better job I was under peoples skin causing them to react more. :twisted:
Just my thoughts and experiences.
Very good points - Hicks appeared insensed by the off-ice response in the last game at the Tent. It would be good to reduce the chance of any knee-jerk reaction from him because the atmo is too hostile. Am sure the team would want that too.

Hicks doesn't worry me half as much as Motton does. I think he was more instrumental in the whole embaressment that happened a few weeks back. Only my opinion of course.

Max

James

Administrator
I suspect trying to bring logic into it doesn't work Gazza. It was Motten who made the slashing call that gave Finnerty the 5+game the other week.

TheStub

My problem with the whole games was the way Hicks lost control. The linesman call was a point in the sand, and it slid downhill rather than calming down.

Lets just be calm, collected and give Hicks nothing to get wound up about. He may call an OK game then.

ASHIPP

Dean Smith and his team deserve a mention for their handling of the game v Giants last Sunday. Whilst still controlling it, the reffing team allowed it to be virtually free-flowing with low PIMs and balanced judgement. Made for a good game allowing both teams to demonstrate skills rather than tempers. Both teams wanted to play hockey and that was allowed to happen. :D

DTC

Im not too worried about Motton to be honest, before that call the other week he has generally quiet, did what he had to do. Just have a gut feeling about the pairing.

rocketbob

I am a bit worried about Hicks, but I am not going to pre-judge how he handles Sundays game. No booing or hassle from me. I will however keep Andy French on speed-dial just in case.....