Off season 2014... Ice Hockey!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Thought it was worth resurrecting an old thread we used to run across the summer for those who are desperate for a fix :)

At the moment the only game I know of is a sledge hockey game on the 24th, but if any of the rec teams want to pimp their games, or anyone else for that matter then feel free to use this thread... I'll try and keep it updated, but time is limited at the moment so it might be a weekly thing.

If anyone uses the thread of course...

May
24th - Cardiff Devils Sledge vs. Kingston Kestrels - 4:15pm - £free

Super Saturday - August 2nd 2014

Cardiff Devils BHC will be taking on Rotherham Renegades and Cardiff Bay Thunder at Penarth Leisure Centre. The games will be between 11 am and 3pm (each team playing each other once) followed by a social get together at The Station pub, Penarth.

Would be great to see some Devils fans at this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NubjvRxQZBo

Mooney#16

Well the South Wales / Midlands rivalry is alive and kicking. The Titans played Solihull last night in what could modestly be described as a lively affair. The score line was 11-1 to Titans but with five players ejected including goalie, three fights, big hits, bit of trouble behind the benches and a spitting and gouging incident it was a bit like the animals had been let out of the zoo.

Needless to say for the modest entry fee a zilch some people watching had a good time. I'll post any future fixtures and best of all its bring your own beer.

The more the merrier to share in these games which are bucking the trend and embracing old time hockey.

Ocko

I'll echo what Mooney said from a neutral perspective, I was playing for the Navy and Marines earlier on so stayed for the first period of the titans match; definitely an enjoyable game, had the boxing not been on I would've stayed for the entire thing. Some big hits were going in, definitely more than some devils matches this season for sure.

Was there any bad blood between the teams? It seemed like from the opening exchanges!

Mooney#16

There wasn't but there is now. As I said to one guy I lit you up on the score board and lit you up on the ice so now you can just. You get the gist.

You guys based in Cardiff or just in camp because we're trying to get a Cardiff Cup for all the teams of the ground.

Ocko

Unfortunately we are based in the UK's worst rink,; Gospitt I mean Gosport. Although all of us travel so we have no real preference as to where we play.

What dates are you thinking? I've mentioned it to the management and a few of the guys and they'd be keen. We have free accom in St Athans so it would be pretty straightforward for us to get there.