Nottingham vs Belfast Live On Sky

steve

both these teams look to be in a different league to us at the moment! i hope our guys gel quickly this year.

According to Dave Simms while commentating on this game, he mentioned our score against steelers and said the Cardiff devils have got no chance of winning the league this season :?

osh

Dai Vader said:
According to Dave Simms while commentating on this game, he mentioned our score against steelers and said the Cardiff devils have got no chance of winning the league this season :?
In fairness, he gave a reason ( which you haven't mentioned) both commentators said that Cardiff's home record last year was great, but their away record was dire ( true) and they feel it may be the same this season ( as they had just mentioned we were 3 - 0 down at Sheffield at the time) and that to win the league you had to be consistent, which they feel the Devils won't be !

They both said we aren't consistent enough to win the league and that we struggle away from home. Hard to argue with them to be honest!

Its alright having a team that can grind out tough wins on a small ice pad but given that the majority of teams play on big ice surfaces if we can't find a way to win on them, we aren't going to win the league.

Would be nice to prove Simms wrong though, maybe it can be a Alan Hansen - You don't win anything with kids moment. ;)

osh said:
Dai Vader said:
In fairness, he gave a reason ( which you haven't mentioned) both commentators said that Cardiff's home record last year was great, but their away record was dire ( true) and they feel it may be the same this season ( as they had just mentioned we were 3 - 0 down at Sheffield at the time) and that to win the league you had to be consistent, which they feel the Devils won't be !
Fair comment, but we have got a lot of new players isn't it a bit early to judge us after one road game which hasn't even ended yet????

steve

i'd love to be positive dai but my worry is we'll take a month to get going.

we've shipped 4 already and tomorrow will be tough. the points difference between 1st and 4th wont be much probably, i hope we dont loose 10+ points early just for having a shaky D.

A

Anonymous

The Steelers have new players too and survived big off-ice issues. The season has started the excuses must end.

TheDevilTorn said:
The Steelers have new players too and survived big off-ice issues. The season has started the excuses must end.
Totally agree - this is a professional sport after all.

steve said:
i'd love to be positive dai but my worry is we'll take a month to get going.

we've shipped 4 already and tomorrow will be tough. the points difference between 1st and 4th wont be much probably, i hope we dont loose 10+ points early just for having a shaky D.
I am trying to be positive it's not like me i'm normally quite negative :lol:

osh

What's worrying also is the fact that according to MNL, Sheffield have only got 13 out ice players and this is their first game! Hey its early days, lets see how we look tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

Aye, lets hope we defend better on Sundays ! :lol:

Seems quite a contrast from Wednesday night.

A

Anonymous

Apart from the first half of the first period I haven't been that impressed with the Giants. In fact the Panthers have probably been the better side. Hopefully after OT they will be shattered for tomorrow :cool:

steve

TheDevilTorn said:
Apart from the first half of the first period I haven't been that impressed with the Giants. In fact the Panthers have probably been the better side. Hopefully after OT they will be shattered for tomorrow :cool:

Agreed, Giants looked awesome early, pretty average since.