Nottingham player 3 game ban

steve

Re: Nottingham player 3 game ban

There is an understanding in sport that the criminal justice system won't get involved generally, however this is dependant on the sports governing bodies agreeing to do their best to prevent and manage incidents which cross the line between sport/crime.

I think the Elite league has shown a consistent failure to manage such incidents, and will have a tough time justifying itself should a future incident involve the CPS etc.

Wagstaff

Re: Nottingham player 3 game ban

steve said:
There is an understanding in sport that the criminal justice system won't get involved generally, however this is dependant on the sports governing bodies agreeing to do their best to prevent and manage incidents which cross the line between sport/crime.

I think the Elite league has shown a consistent failure to manage such incidents, and will have a tough time justifying itself should a future incident involve the CPS etc.
Personally, I think the committee should report how they come by a decision publicly so that a fair and proper system can be assessed and those involved be accountable. I can only presume that the fact that Ferguson did not go to hospital, hasn't got broken ribs and was able to play 3 days later made the outcome less, however, injury causing or not, for an act such as this, I think 3 games is not a reasonable outcome!