Nottingham Hotels - Play Off Weekend

d20

Thread starter #1
Does anyone know the closest hotels to the arena in nottingham,I've stayed in a few but I'm looking at taking my 2 boys next year to the play offs for the first time and want to be as close as possible to the rink for them so I'm not walking them round everywhere ,any ideas please ?

Temme

d20 said:
Does anyone know the closest hotels to the arena in nottingham,I've stayed in a few but I'm looking at taking my 2 boys next year to the play offs for the first time and want to be as close as possible to the rink for them so I'm not walking them round everywhere ,any ideas please ?
Ice house is literally next door.

Type in the postcode onto any website (booking.com) of the arena, and it will tell you the distance that it is away from there

But Ice house is the nearest without a doubt!

d20

Thread starter #3
Yeah I know the ice house but its to pricey ,priced a room for that weekend and they wanted £560 !!!

The Ibis (Fletchers gate) is absolutely perfect for the play offs. It is a few minutes walk from the arena and about a minutes walk from the city centre. I stayed there this year and have alreay booked for next year £93 for a twin room/two nights.

Its not a deluxe hotel but its nice and clean and the beds are really comfortable !!

d20

Thread starter #11
Thanks all, I've booked a family room in the hilton £246 for two nights , looks close enough, I'll check some of the others in your posts and if there better I'll cancel.cheers all

Chris

Administrator
If it's the Hilton next to the Victoria Centre, you're pretty much smack bang in the city centre, maybe a 10-15min walk to the NIC from there if that.

They were doing some refurbishment work to it last year as I was moving out of Nottingham but it was nice enough anyway.

If you're driving there, probably best to aim straight for the Trinity Square car park (http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/articl ... e-Car-Park) rather than the very limited Hilton parking they have.

Have Hope#35

Chris said:
If it's the Hilton next to the Victoria Centre, you're pretty much smack bang in the city centre, maybe a 10-15min walk to the NIC from there if that.

They were doing some refurbishment work to it last year as I was moving out of Nottingham but it was nice enough anyway.

If you're driving there, probably best to aim straight for the Trinity Square car park (http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/articl ... e-Car-Park) rather than the very limited Hilton parking they have.
And the limited Hilton Parking has to be booked in advance... £20 a night from what I remember? It's a lovely hotel with a very nice bar and restaurant and the breakfast is lovely (take your trunks too as it has a nice but small pool with Sauna & Steam Room)... It's also perfectly located for the Ice Rink and Town Centre and it's right by a really nice food quarter called Trinity Square which is all fairly new! I think you can get a slight discount in the Trinity Car Park if you tell the Hilton Reception that's where you've parked... Don't hold me to that though!?

d20

Thread starter #14
thanks guys ,the Hilton I have booked is on Milton street (by victoria centre),I take it that's the only one there ,looks pretty close to the rink,don't want to be to far away as otherwise there will be too much walking for my boys .Looking forward to it as I havent been for a couple of years as was waiting for the boys to get a bit older so fingers crossed the devils get there this year.

Have Hope#35

d20 said:
thanks guys ,the Hilton I have booked is on Milton street (by victoria centre),I take it that's the only one there ,looks pretty close to the rink,don't want to be to far away as otherwise there will be too much walking for my boys .Looking forward to it as I havent been for a couple of years as was waiting for the boys to get a bit older so fingers crossed the devils get there this year.
I've stayed there a few times... Only once for the Playoffs, it's about 10mins to the rink and 5mins to the main square in town! You've booked a nice hotel, enjoy!

We' ve stayed there a few times..good quality and variety of breakfast (for 6.50) (i like my noodles in the morning) but get in fairly early

Simple and manageable walk to the rink.

The basic doubles can be a bit pokey but the more expensive doubles are ok and you should be fine with a family room. You used to be able to take your dog there but im not sure now.

Main bugbear is the price of the parking even in the trinity car park with the discount rate from the hotel (which was good in the season before last but not so good the season just gone).

Internet is not free in the rooms either although i think it is in the lounge now.

Restaurant serves good quality food at not too bad a price for a hotel but there are plenty of eateries on the walking route to the rink.

Usually lots of Belfast fans in there.

Diafol

Colours said:
Main bugbear is the price of the parking even in the trinity car park with the discount rate from the hotel (which was good in the season before last but not so good the season just gone).
Parking tip:

I've used the Park and Ride car parks for a few years - driven up on Friday, left the car in the car park, taken a tram into town then picked the car up from the car park on Monday morning.

Never had any problems and it's much cheaper than parking in town.

TheStub

I second the team suggestion.

Also, if you are coming in from the east of the city then the car park behind Aldi usually offer a special playoff rate which is quite attractive. Ten minutes walk from the NIC and fully secure.

That's where I normally park these days.