No further action against Talbot or Voth

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStub

Perhaps the league should be more professional, and then maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't get sent abusive messages.

Not condoning the action, but they should look to themselves too.

DevilDom

One word to describe this ruling: Farcical

Not conding the abuse but what do they expect with the way the league is run? It's supposed to be the showcase of UK Ice Hockey but's run more like a Sunday pub league with whoever shouts the loudest having the most say.

The only thing Elite about the league is the level of incompetence in it's management and running.

Oh and nice to see PR is more interested in condeming a few emails than getting behind the Devils and supporting them like a CEO should do (and no it wasn't me who sent them but I might just send when now and see what happens).

James

Administrator
Did Talbots' actions deserve a ban ? No.
Did Michels' actions deserve a ban ? No
Unfortunately here we see the inconsistency and farcical hypocrisy practised by the league. Well done to Andy French for being prepared to really show his colours and making himself look like a total arse rather than dare let anything go Cardiffs' way.

Chris

Administrator
And come on.... own up.... who sent the abuse ;)
Probably fairly easy to guess who might have sent one.

They're probably banned on here as they've yet to apologise for sending abuse via pm, threatening to break the very limited rules we have, registering lots of new usernames they seem to think we don't know about, oh and they used to make ridiculous posts on here and fly off the handle when they were asked not to.

For what it's worth though, the ridiculous emails people send when appeals/decisions don't go our way are more likely to do more harm than good.

Chris.

voth26

what a total joke what happens next time a devils or any other player throws a sucker punch (hopefully not ) after this latest farce I would expect there to be NO ban, bet you next time voth fights back he will receive some sort of excessive pm's or a few games ban

Mooney#16

I can only say the Eliteleague Disciplinary Committee has significantly failed to administor the role duely appointed to them and has failed to correctly protect the standards of player behaviour that they wish to uphold within the Eliteleague. A player had to sustain five punches to the face and had the discipline not to respond to this provocation and escalate the situation. They have failed to protect this player from possible injury and they have failed to punish a player who felt it within his powers to act outside the rules of the game and punch a fellow professional five times to the face. The power of the role bestowed upon them is clearly to significant for them to administor correctly. As such I'd like to request that they step down from this role to allow it to be filled be personnel who can correctly administor the obligations of the role and serve the Eliteleague in a better manner than has currently been performed by the current personnel of the Eliteleague Disciplinary Committee.

Wannabe2

Its a very sad comment to make but it happens to be the truth, i was expecting this exact outcome. There are rules for some, and rules for others, no one in the Elite league wants Cardiff to win the league, as it does not benefit them one i...ota, by god talk about being open about it. This Mickey Mouse league is a total disgrace to this great sport, it is so unbelievably AMATEURISH it stinks to high heaven, the so called powers to be are hell bent on destroying this sport in this country, with there PATHETIC decisions,and will only be happy when they have killed the sport off altogether. Shame on everyone of these unbelievable pathetic people. This sport to hockey fans is the best thing that has happened to the Uk, but while it is continues to be dragged through the gutter by inept people, its on the slippery slope to disaster, and thats a great shame, as this wonderful sport deserves a lot lot better. Hope the league are proud of themselves, enjoy it while you can people, as it wont be around much longer the way it operates at the moment.See More

Rather than investigate the e mail, I personally think that more investigation should go in to the possibility of removing the remaining dinosaurs off the board, that would be a far more constructive use of time and effort. Treat the cause and not the symptom

As wannabe said no one at elite towers wanted Cardiff to win anything, although it would be a better advert for the league if a team did it within the wage cap and playing out of a sub standard arena, It would encourage other teams to consider joining

DevilDom

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Rather than investigate the e mail, I personally think that more investigation should go in to the possibility of removing the remaining dinosaurs off the board, that would be a far more constructive use of time and effort. Treat the cause and not the symptom
Precisely. However I can't help but feel certain people are more focussed on a city of rust in south yorkshire than being bothered about supporting our coach and players.

Gaz G

This was the chance the clowns who run the league had to show that it is a professional organisation with no bias towards any team. Sadly they have blown it. I for one will not be such a supporter of the Devils whilst unfortunately they are playing against teams with bigger budgets and a league who are determined to mess up our chances of trophies year in year out.

It's a disgrace and if in any other "mainstream" sport were the same to happen, serious questions would be asked.

Did we actually expect any ban to come to Talbot? Not Really, Im more suprised that Voth DID NOT recieve a ban :shock:

Im still awaiting a reply from 2/3 weeks ago in regards to the rule sucker punch and how Tylor got 5 games, Sawyer got 2 and Lepine not recieving anything.

I dont agree with the fact that abusive messages were sent, but when the league seem to not have a clue what they are doing and hand out random bans for different players/teams, they incite it themselves,

No it was not me who sent the Emails.

Gaz G

For the record it wasn't me who sent the emails either. This league is fast becoming a joke and I do believe that whilst abusive is not neccesary it's about time the clowns who run it be made accountable for their actions the same way players (sorry, Devils players are) when the make a massive balls up.

It's a disgrace at the moment.

Any other sport in the U.K governed professionally would look at our great sport and laugh if they knew of the dirty underhanded tactics involved to make money.

jodysstillagirlsname said:

As wannabe said no one at elite towers wanted Cardiff to win anything, although it would be a better advert for the league if a team did it within the wage cap and playing out of a sub standard arena, It would encourage other teams to consider joining
But you are over the wage cap. The figures PR released recently put you at 20% behind the Steelers wage bill, which puts you at £800 per week OVER the perceived cap of £7,200 per week.

I say perceived because nobody really knows what the cap actually is!!

Funny you say the people at the Elite League don't want you to win anything, the exact same words were uttered by the Panthers fans when some disciplinary decision didn't go the way the fans wanted. Strange eh??

As for the league being unprofessional, we all knew that before this decision was reached, they've had enough practice at being amateurs!! :lol:

Basically it's 0, 3, or 5 games for a suckerpunch, depending on who you play for, and how the league feels on the day....

Gotta love consistancy.

Wannabe2 said:
Its a very sad comment to make but it happens to be the truth, i was expecting this exact outcome. There are rules for some, and rules for others, no one in the Elite league wants Cardiff to win the league, as it does not benefit them one i...ota, by god talk about being open about it. This Mickey Mouse league is a total disgrace to this great sport, it is so unbelievably AMATEURISH it stinks to high heaven, the so called powers to be are hell bent on destroying this sport in this country, with there PATHETIC decisions,and will only be happy when they have killed the sport off altogether. Shame on everyone of these unbelievable pathetic people. This sport to hockey fans is the best thing that has happened to the Uk, but while it is continues to be dragged through the gutter by inept people, its on the slippery slope to disaster, and thats a great shame, as this wonderful sport deserves a lot lot better. Hope the league are proud of themselves, enjoy it while you can people, as it wont be around much longer the way it operates at the moment.See More
I know rules say attack the post not the poster but do you have any proof to back up this drivel :(

James

Administrator
jester said:
I know rules say attack the post not the poster but do you have any proof to back up this drivel :(
There is no proof but their is an increasing weight of corroborative evidence :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.