NIHL1 Devils v London Raiders Sat 19/10 7pm FO @ BBT

D

Deleted member 1337

Do DCF get a discount, if so how much, and if so will the DCF passes from last season be OK because we haven't been issued with new ones for this season?

Thanks,

Ellis

Win! 4 - 1. Good match. I thought the players worked well together. Takel had a well deserved MOM. Sedlak did a lot of shifts and worked hard. Good to see :)

A really good mix of young and experienced players on the ice. Manny and Wilkinson also showed restraint avoiding the penalty box. Wood also had a good shift together with Latchford.

Took a while to find the net as London's goalie was covering it well. Perseverance paid off and resulted in 4 goals the last of which was an open net goal. (Always my favourite :Banana )

Not many people there but those who were gave great support. Bracknell at home next Saturday. See you there :p

A hard fought win against what is essentially the old Romford Raiders Team (albeit with a different name due to relocation) and about 5 first choice players down due to their indiscipline (their problem not ours)

Was impressed by the energy levels of the youngsters, Griffiths, Raffaelli, Buglass, Morris and Katchford. Keep it going guys.

What I found disappointing (and judging by the groans from supporters close to me, I was not th only one) was the number of times we got into the attacking zone, out wide on the flanks, presumably waiting for support players to join the attack, and the person on the puck ends up firing a shot in on goal, which gets comfortably saved by the Raiders goalie who glued to the near post.

I always thought that ice hockey was a team game - players ditch their "sticky sticks" in the U16s or even earlier.

The result was 4-1 (including an ENG), but I can't help thinking that the result could and probably should have been significantly more comfortable.

Raiders had 11 players including 2 net minders. I accept that Cardiff can only play what's put in front of them, and for the win I am pleased, but I'd be hammering home to guys just how many opportunities we had to pass, but opted for the glory shot, which against a goalie of Ewan King's calibre, was always going to be easy peasy. The Cardiff goals came when we made the Raider goalie move about.

As a previous coach once said to me, Goals are great, but Assists are even better.

Onwards and upwards (with a few more passes thrown in for good measure)