NIHL v Wightlink Raiders

Thread starter #1
Game this Saturday at 7.00pm. Cardiff v Wightlink one of the "top 4" clubs although some "blips" along the way as they have lost quite a few of their games to date! We are certainly in with a chance. Last away game we lost 6 - 7.

Should be an entertaining game.

COME ON CARDIFF :twisted:

kettdevil1

Any news on whether the away game v MK is going ahead on Sunday? Saw the rink "in progress" last week but there still seemed to be some work to do....

Good win for the NIHL1 team tonight. 6-4

Great to Adam Wood get a hat trick (including 2 Powerplay goals). Deserved his MOM.

Good to see Jamie Hayes back scoring in a Devils jersey, with other goals from Owen Griffiths and Kieran Latchford.

I think Bubbles might want two of the Wightlink goals back - barely dribbled over the line.

Didn't see what the problem and Cornish and Sadler was after the handshakes, but I did hear that it was Wightlink's first loss (unconfirmed) so maybe they don't like being beaten.

Got the makings of a very tidy team - very enjoyable game.

Thread starter #6
From the prospective of an "untrained" eye :shock: Very entertaining game last night. The Wightlink team brought a lot of support with them which made a pleasant change. At first I thought there was more of them than Cardiff supporters :D
There were lots of ooos, arghs and yeahs!!!! I thought the Devils worked really hard the 1st and 2nd periods securing a deserved lead. It looked as if they tried to slow it down the start of the third not appearing to put pressure on Raiders' goalie which resulted in Wightlink closing the gap. Fortunately, there was enough drive towards the latter 3rd period to secure the win :D
Lots of pushing and shoving going on. Some fights. Surprised to see Chris Hart and Steve Osman fight as he played with us last season and I assumed (through rose tinted glasses) you retain friendships with ex team mates. Obviously not!
Good to see Hayes back in a Cardiff shirt. He was involved in most of the point scoring. Wood had MOM. Well deserved.
Also good to hear Stone shouting on the ice at fellow team mates and Brabon shouting words of encouragement to the players on the bench.
Finally, don't know what happened that caused exchange of words/scuffle at the "handshake part" by the bench. Why do these things happen when you are looking the other way? It involved Jeremy Cornish and I think Sadler. Classic moment however when my 12 year old niece shouted "language" to Cornish during this exchange causing the players to look up and smile. It's recorded and we all had a laugh about that on way home. Thank you to everyone involved for a great nights entertainment.