nihl game

Hi all, I was thinking of going to the game on Sunday but the Job I was doing in Pencoed went on until 7:30ish so I couldn't make it. Been trying to find out what the game was like and if it was a worth while game, all day. Can't see anything about it.

Was there anything at all to report or was it a case of watching the Elite League Devils trying to put 'training ground' moves into action against the NIHL team?

Cheers,

Jay

Foxy

Training session. Very slow mo.

Was undecided whether to go but if its the same next season probably wont bother.

Nothing special. Just a walk in the park for the elite devils. Does anyone know who the youngsters were that were playing on the elite team?

:p
Allcorn said:
Nothing special. Just a walk in the park for the elite devils. Does anyone know who the youngsters were that were playing on the elite team?
considering the elite devils train on a daily basis, and are a full proffesional team on an off the ice, how can the n.i.h.l. compete when they
train for just 1.5 hrs a week, plus working daily or studying,
well done to them for the commitment showen last night, 1st game as a team.

I wouldn't go again, no chanting, nothing really exciting about it at all. Was quite disappointed really and thought they would have made more of it / mixed up the two teams a bit more :(

I could of sworn in the original PR for the game it stated that each side would be a mixture of Elite and NIHL devils. Might have to pull it up to see.
I wasn't at the game but I can imagine that would of made for much more entertaining viewing than seeing the Elite team demolishing the NIHL team.

EDIT: Yep I was right
Elite League Devils Player/Coach Adams is also enthused by the Devils - DCF matchup, “In this game we will split the two teams – the NIHL players will play with and against the Elite League Devils.
I dont see why they didn't go with that format

I was at the game. Thoroughly enjoyed it as a chance to see some of the new players. Credit to the NIHL side, they worked hard and got good experience.
Elite side players who stood out for me were Faulkner and Blight, Ben Davies and some very good defence splitting passes from Didiomete.There were several well worked goals and several plays which were practiced. 12 goals almost no penalties and no injuries. Yes it was not full on and neither would I expect that. It was an opportunity to raise a few quid, have a run out, get a bit of confidence and try a few moves. It was also good to see Elite players mixing and skating with the fans after. Good PR.
I had the opportunity of meeting the £5 request at the swimming pool first hand and also for the first time ever using the Car Park at the BBT due to a low attendance where I happily donated my £2 for the development of Devils Ice Hockey. I also had the pleasure of a chat with Mr Pope in the foyer and finished up managing to survive 4 laps of the ice pad after the game which helped me appreciate the incredible skill these pro hockey boys bring to the arena every game.
Looking forward now to the real thing.