Eastern:
1.Washington Capitals V 8.Montreal Canadians - Capitals Win In 5
2.New Jersey Devils V 7.Philadelphia Flyers - Devils win In 6
3.Buffalo Sabres V 6.Boston Bruins - Sabres Win In 5
4.Pittsburgh Penguins V Ottawa Senators - Penguins Win In 7

Thread starter #3
Western:
1.San Jose Sharks V 8.Colorado Avalance - Series 1-0 Colorado with a 2-1 win
2.Chicargo Black Hawks V 7.NashVille Predators - Series 1-0 Preadtors with a 4-1 win
3.Vancouver Canucks V 6.LA Kings - Series 1-0 Vancouver with a 3-2 win
4.Pheonix Coyotes V 5.Detroit RedWings - Series 1-0 Pheonix with a 3-2 win

Eastern:
1.Washington Capitals V 8.Montreal Canadians - Series 1-0 Montreal with a 3-2 win
2.New Jersey Devils V 7.Philadelphia Flyers - Series 1-1 - NJd won 5-3, Flyers won 2-1
3.Buffalo Sabres V 6.Boston Bruins - Series 1-0 Buffalo with a 2-1 win
4.Pittsburgh Penguins V Ottawa Senators - Series 1-1, Pens won 2-1, Sens won 5-4

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Ovechkin didnt even get a shot on goal did he? that is very unusual
Nope, I don't know what was wrong with him, he kept falling over all the time with no one near him, needs to sharpen his skates or something. :lol:

I think they said the last time he didn't get a shot, he went on in the next game to get a hattrick and a couple of assists so hopefully that'll happen tonight. :D

Ovie had another poor game by his standards tonight, which as a Habs fan is fine by me! I'm sure he's pretty frustrated that its dragged out to a game 7 and he hasn't managed to bring his regular season form into the post-season. He just doesn't look the same player at the moment.

Starting to think we have a chance if Halak can stay hot and keep Ovie in his pocket!

We need our other lines to step up too, especially Semin. One of the reasons we were so good in the regular season was because all 4 lines were capable of scoring. The Habs trying so hard to shut Ovie down should be the perfect excuse for the others to step it up, and get into the space he's making for them.

54 shots on goal to 22 though :shock:

Can Halak have another game like that? Hope not :lol:

Backstrom has been doing a good job of picking up the slack in the series but was closed down and out of the game last night which helped us alot. Not sure if Halak will have another stormer but we won 2 and lost in OT in Washington so far, and I think the momentum and confidence is certainly with Martin more than Boudreau.

We were very fortunate last night. I could barely watch the last 2 minutes and i was sure you guys were going to make a comeback. At the end of the day even if we had lost, the 7 games have all been phenomenal hockey to watch.

I'm currently living in Canada and i don't want to add insult to injury or anything, but there's a series of TV commercials advertising the cup with old footage from several decades of some of the greatest plays.
This is the latest one out today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RySdgNjbZM4

Yep can't argue with that I enjoyed all of the games. Can't really say you didn't deserve to go through either, I mean you did a great job of stopping probably the best offense team of the regular season from scoring, especially the power play. What was it 1 power play goal the Caps scored in the 7 games? Thats shocking by them but you've got to give credit to the Habs penalty kill for that! I did think last night after the game that I'd want the Habs to lose in the next round, purely because of sour grapes that we'd lost of course, but now I've realised you're playing the Pens in the next round so will definitely be supporting you! :lol:

I love those history will be made adverts too (apart from that one ;) ) my favourites are the spoof ones though especially the Matt Cooke and karma one or the Gordon Bombay one! :D

Well the second round isn't turning out to be very predictable either!!

Pittsburgh have been much more dangerous than Washington yet the Canadiens are in a better position after game 4 than we were against the Caps! Subban didn't have the best of times last night being on the ice for both Penguins goals but picked himself right back up and made another major contribution and cemented his place on the roster for next season. Very pleased for Lapierre as well after coming so close to scoring in game 3.

As for Franzen and Detroit, who would have guessed that last night??!!
Big game for the Canucks tonight as well who need a win to keep it tight. I wonder if the refs will help Luongo out, although judging by how it went down at the Bell centre the american teams are getting a helping hand in round two.

Ill put my neck out their and say we'll have a Sharks vs Blackhawks Western Final and a Montreal vs Boston in the East.
Any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

And to think they only just qualified for the play-offs, beating the NYR after a shoot out if I remember right. Unreal. Still think the Black Hawks will win it overall ;)

Make or break for the Habs tonight. It's one of those games that require me to stay up until 3am then wake up for work at 7. We simply cannot lose as 3-0 is too much to recover from. Flyers goalie Leighton is getting the plaudits but after the miracles Halak performed in the last two series I'm not writing Montreal off yet. Go Habs go!