NHL lockout

Thread starter #1
Now the lockout has come upon us what are the odds of any NHL players coming to these shores.I know budgets are tight and quotas are full will they make a exception in this case.

ASHIPP

con1975 said:
Now the lockout has come upon us what are the odds of any NHL players coming to these shores.I know budgets are tight and quotas are full will they make a exception in this case.
Not impossible but v unlikely. No UK club can afford the ballpark salaries earned by Rick Nash et al. Most lockout players are heading for wealthy KHL in Russia or other top European leagues like German and Swiss.
A British based hockey player agency has tweeted that so far there has been no interest from any NHL players wanting to come to UK.

Rempel16

The big issue is the insurance.....

I believe insurance for Ovechkin is $100,000 per month and obviously this sort of money is ridiculously out of budget.

Adam Keefe tweeted yesterday that he thinks the EIHL is about to get a bit crazy with the lock out and it's been talked about that David Clarkson and Mike Richards are very good friends with Keefe but i would expect both would be required to pay their own insurance.....

The bit-part NHLer's may be more tempted to come here for some ice time though.

Gazza272

I dont think this lockout is going to last a whole season. In fact it was apparantly close to the players playing even without an agreement.

The league cant afford a full season lock out so soon after the last one.

Anyone coming over will give a jump initially however i think it could lead to instability in team chemistery when they go back to the show.