Next years team.

DevilDom

ASHIPP said:
Devil94 said:
Just checking: Doucet and Fournier already signed up, yes?
Yes they have - some folks have forgotten!
Not forgotten but contracts (especially those more than 1 year) mean very little in this league. Apparently Salters is also on a 2 year and he would be the one player I would be mortified if he returned.

august04

kettdevil1 said:
Devil94 said:
Looks like it from Doucet's point of view.... http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/ice- ... et-9204469
I wouldn't take Doucet back, even with his goal production. His workrate isn't there and we've struggled to know where put him all year, to the detriment of having more stable lines. I'm sure if the Devils decide not to have him back, there's a way to compensate him.

tim78

My Biggest bug bar at the moment was watching Russell as the centre and having Kurka on the wing in the 3rd place play off, they seemed to me to complement each other really well and sadly it was the only chance we got to see them play on the same line.

Will be sad to see Kurka go as he is a great player to me he didn't seem to be used right.

I'll be happy with any player from this team wanting to stay as they all played well, some were just exceptional.

It feels to me that our expectations made the enjoyment of hockey disappear a few times. Lets hope next season we don't expect everything and be glade our team is init and we're shouting out behind them.

A big thanks to the team for a great season.

A big thanks to Martin for an exceptional amount of effort all season.

Devil94

DevilDom said:
ASHIPP said:
Devil94 said:
Yes they have - some folks have forgotten!
Not forgotten but contracts (especially those more than 1 year) mean very little in this league. Apparently Salters is also on a 2 year and he would be the one player I would be mortified if he returned.
As someone who wants to see Salters back, I hope this is the case. But haven't seen it mentioned or heard anywhere.

P.S. Mortified is quite a strong word!

Mooney#16

WOW. Just to highlight Doucet did score ALOT of GWG especially in OT to get Devils extra points. If you want to cut adrift the most natural goal scorer on the roster and arguably at the start of the year most clutch goal scorer the replacement had better be one hell of a guy. Blaming Douc for the line chemistry. I'm really struggling with that one. He should have been glued to Joey Martin all year end of. I think the line juggling had more to do with every other forward than Douc.

Have Hope#35

Mooney#16 said:
WOW. Just to highlight Doucet did score ALOT of GWG especially in OT to get Devils extra points. If you want to cut adrift the most natural goal scorer on the roster and arguably at the start of the year most clutch goal scorer the replacement had better be one hell of a guy. Blaming Douc for the line chemistry. I'm really struggling with that one. He should have been glued to Joey Martin all year end of. I think the line juggling had more to do with every other forward than Douc.
Have to agree... Doucet comes second only to Martin in the Forwards i'd like to see return from this season! I'd say Kurka was more of a problem in terms of getting him settled onto a line.

jimmy snels

Doucet cut? Thats actually made me laugh! He scored almost twice as many goals as most of our forwards. He checked for a little fella and battled in corners. After martin he'd be my next must keep! Im with mooney on this

KaneDevils

When some of us had a pop at salters half way through the season we got lynched by the happy clappers. Now, hardly anyone wants him back.

:DWD

Koop11

I do understand what some are saying about Doucet. At times he looked a little ineffective but I feel that might have been more down to the fact of the style of hockey we played and the constant changing of lines (I could not tell you what our 3 lines were this season!)

Doucet is a natural goal scorer. He finished top of the league in scoring (or was it second?) and more importantly score important goals (someone mentioned his OT winners). For a small guy he works through defenceman very well and holds his own. His finishing is unquestionable.

I for one are looking forward to seeing Doucet return. I think a power forward on his line creating room would unlock even more of Doucet’s talent.

DevilDom

Like I said I wouldn't be disappointed if Doucet came back and agree he is a brilliant finisher but just felt Lord struggled to accommodate him and as a result was constantly changing lines. He also had the tendency to go missing for 3 or 4 games in a row before popping with an absolutely clutch goal! It is a difficult one and I can see why most would keep him, I just want everyone to be as consistent as Joey Martin! :RAWK

Mooney#16

My take wasn't that he struggled to accommodate him but in an effort to spread your threats and get three lines going he kept moving the lines. When Martin went out with Doucet and Kurka or Salters they were powerhouse lines but it also stacked a line to be shut down. It was then the lack of scoring on the other two which brought about having to dilute the lines again. As I said my read is Doucet wasn't a root cause of the line juggling. Logic dictates you put your set up guy with your fifty goal guy. You have to have a good reason to keep those two apart.

DevilDom

Mooney#16 said:
My take wasn't that he struggled to accommodate him but in an effort to spread your threats and get three lines going he kept moving the lines. When Martin went out with Doucet and Kurka or Salters they were powerhouse lines but it also stacked a line to be shut down. It was then the lack of scoring on the other two which brought about having to dilute the lines again. As I said my read is Doucet wasn't a root cause of the line juggling. Logic dictates you put your set up guy with your fifty goal guy. You have to have a good reason to keep those two apart.
Fair points - what we really need is 3 Joey Martins so we can play one on each line!

jimmy snels

DevilDom said:
Mooney#16 said:
Fair points - what we really need is 3 Joey Martins so we can play one on each line!

Absolutely agree which is why i think although tough we need to look at changes as i feel we have had players trying to play that role and falling short.
I know its already been discussed but if myers was available id like to see him with us. He wins lots of face offs, and is a british haddad. The added benifit is be wouldn't have to sit out like a spare import.

Wannabe2

Think we will want to go with 4 lines next season, , it's going to be a very interesting off season, I would expect to see at least 6 new faces next season.

Milky

Finny said:
Interview with Andrew Lord which sounds like it was done after the 3rd/4th playoff game:
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/lord-on-disappointment-recruitment-brits/

2 things to come out of that is that it sounds like we might well be looking to add new brits to play 4 lines. But that there is a good chance Joey Martin won't be back. :(
To be fair, his girlfriend is going back to Canada so that's not going to help :cry: .

jimmy snels

Milky said:
Finny said:
Interview with Andrew Lord which sounds like it was done after the 3rd/4th playoff game:

2 things to come out of that is that it sounds like we might well be looking to add new brits to play 4 lines. But that there is a good chance Joey Martin won't be back. :(
To be fair, his girlfriend is going back to Canada so that's not going to help :cry: .
Stalker!!!! :lol:

On a serious note i guess thst sounds like joey is moving on. Good luck to him he easily should be playing AHL. We've seen people not half the standard of him play that level come here.

august04

jimmy snels said:
Milky said:
Finny said:

Stalker!!!! :lol:

On a serious note i guess thst sounds like joey is moving on. Good luck to him he easily should be playing AHL. We've seen people not half the standard of him play that level come here.
He had 3 spells in the AHL before coming here.