Next years season ticket news

I think the released prices for next year's ST are very good. I had my first ST this year and have thoroughly enjoyed having it, even though due to shiftwork I can't make all the games.
I will be taking up the Early Bird offer as soon as I can to keep my seat and save a considerable amount of money.
Re: the argument about CC Semi price (no discount), I admit that I asked when booking if there was a discount for STH, it was no but does it really matter? If there was any discount offered, it would only realistically be £1 or so, surely that would be better for everyone for the club to keep.

I felt when we bought them that THIS years' season tickets were value for money - so the fact that we will pay less money next year - all gravy to me. :)

Got to say, given the current economic climate, not many places are reducing prices for current customers - so thanks to PR and the Cardiff Devils staff.

Sheincar

TBH for me it was a no brainer. Granted I don't miss many games so it means a big saving but because of that I'll be using the DD this year. Wonder if the money back guarantee will be in place again next year.

I dont get why people complain that own a season ticket.
In owning one you save money. If you can only attend half the games
then it wouldnt be to your advantage owning one, but then if that was the case you wouldnt buy one, surely? :roll:

In owning a season ticket you get to go to all/most of the games, and have "your" seat. In my op, you dont know how lucky you are. :mrgreen:

TheStub

Re: Re: Next years season ticket news

BeatBox said:
In owning a season ticket you get to go to all/most of the games, and have "your" seat. In my op, you dont know how lucky you are. :mrgreen:
Oh believe me we do. That's why we spend the cash :lol:

how can this jabber person be a true hockey fan :?: a lot of the hockey clubs in this league are running on a knife edge financialy ( no more than us this year) so a pound hear and there doe s not come in to it, it all helps the club we all support :?: so it s not a problum ( to most ) theres one fan sate in the stands that has multiple season tickets and due to work comitments miss all saturday games and some others but he s always 1st in the que to renew, i dont have that problum and dont care how many games there are ( i d like more ) it is wot it is and thats wot i pay, i than go buy a programme, 50/50 and shirt of back cos it helps the club survive these tuff times, and if it were not to survive i d have a few bob in my pocket but would be so much the poorer for it. you ( jabber ) can dress it up how ever you like, but you are not a devil or hockey fan because if you wer you would not hold these views and defienutly not harp on the way you have. you just sound like a sheffield fan / ex owner letting off steam cos this very day the council annonces our new twin pad rink, allegedly

Funnily enough I had a disagreement on Facebook with some people who thought the CC semi should have been included in the season ticket price from the beginning. :DWD They couldn't see my point that we were not guaranteed a spot in the CC semi every year.

TheStub

You can buy a season ticket that includes every game. The corporate tickets are for every home game, league, cup... everything.

If I remember they were £450+vat last year. I could be wrong on that though

Re: Re: Next years season ticket news

TheStub said:
BeatBox said:
Oh believe me we do. That's why we spend the cash :lol:
I was of course referring to those who complain. :DWD
Then I guess when your queuing for your ST the gun at your head is hard to ignore. :lol:

Sheincar

Hynod said:
Funnily enough I had a disagreement on Facebook with some people who thought the CC semi should have been included in the season ticket price from the beginning. :DWD They couldn't see my point that we were not guaranteed a spot in the CC semi every year.
Agreed that a CC semi final would be impossible to include BUT personally I would prefer a ST that covered league & CC group games.

Why has no one mentioned discounted entry to ENL games as a perk? A cheap fix when there's no home game.

I'm 80% going to take the plunge I think, because it'll make the news of hot signings in the summer all the sweeter! We sat in the bottom left of block 12 on Wednesday and I like it there; doesn't fill up too quickly so many make my grooves there.

Stub - the petrol saving is good too, we could bang that up a notch and we have the tail third of this season to work on it. The west Wales party bus could still do away trips to Coventry and whatnot for sure!

Sent from my wonderous toy using a program I downloaded for it.

Iam not a season ticket holder and iam not intending on being one- due to work and family commitments,
But i do think with all the groupon deals, the season ticket holders havent had a great deal this year.
But looking at the prices next year is a good deal imho!
I will add that i have used the buddy system to nearly every game i have been to this year, now this is a good deal ok not a regular seat saved, but if your like me thats fine i like to mingle anyhows, £10 for an adult and £1 for a child wow now thats awesome.
I dont think this will last next year but has been a good idea for the club to get bums on seats.

Is the buddy system still going? I assumed it had been scrapped when the new prices came in.

I hope it doesn't stay as regular fans using it just reduce the income for the club, unless there is a way to ensure it is only used for new fans to the sport.

TheStub

I had it confirmed it was still running.

In my opinion, these schemes are a great idea but need to be regulated.

Next season I'd love it to be continued but not have this free for all. It would be better for every season ticket holder Groupon be issued with vouchers they can hand out. Maybe 3 or 4 per season ticket. Have them bookable over the phone but you have to submit the voucher along with the marketing information on the back.

I think there are more pros to having a season ticket than just the financial saving.

- You get 'your' seat and therefore get to know people who sit around you. I wasn't happy in previous seasons when someone else had booked my preferred seat!
- Your seat is held for CC games
- You don't have to worry about checking when tickets go on sale and the whole hassle of booking them
- You don't have to pay the silly £1 Planet Ice charge per transaction
- You just stick the card in your wallet and don't have to think, 'oh have I got the tickets or have I left them on x y or z'
- You can go in through the side door and not have to queue with everyone else when its cold / raining

For me its a no brainer and I'll be renewing mine early. The only thing I wonder is how the current blocks and seats will transfer over to the new rink. The last thing I would want is to be stuck on the quiet side where everyone looks at you funny if you chant for the home team at an ice hockey match :?: :lol:

I would imagine there will be a grace period on the new rink where season ticket holders are able to change seats after a few games if they're not happy with your seat. That is what happened with the BBT at the start anyway.

bluedevil said:
I would imagine there will be a grace period on the new rink where season ticket holders are able to change seats after a few games if they're not happy with your seat. That is what happened with the BBT at the start anyway.
Cool - I hoped this might be the case :D