next season

Thread starter #1
I know this season isnt over yet with the play offs to win but are there any talks in place to keep the nucleus of this squad in place for a great start top next season.I was just thinking to move fast as there are bound to be lots of contract offers waved about infront of the boys.

In Paul Ragan's Q&A session with the fans back in January he said something about speaking to all the players by the end of the month (January). As others are saying on here, they probably want to wait until after the playoffs before announcing anything.

Really hope as many stay as possible, but as I've said many times before, I think we have no hope of re-signing Pelle, Matzka, MacRae, and Weller for starters who are surely going to be offered more money in bigger and better leagues. Going to be very difficult to find players of the same standard within the wage cap. Really hope we can at least keep our Brits, Tyler, Max and the Smith brothers.

Also - seeing as next season has been brought up... it's vital we get a decent start next year which is where we've faultered in previous seasons. Just look at this season, after losing 5 out of the first 10 games, we had to have a world record winning streak just to get back into the title race.

Batman said:
Wasnt there a wage cap this year and did anyone break it?
I know we didn't break it, but I'm just saying that next season we wouldn't be able to offer the likes of Weller, Pelle etc any more than they did this year so they are bound to go elsewhere as they deserve the bigger bucks and to be playing in a higher standard league.

Really hope I'm wrong and some of the big names from this year stay, but I certainly wouldn't blame any of them if they do go - especially with the uncertainty surrounding next year as well.

ledgend777 said:
Batman said:
Wasnt there a wage cap this year and did anyone break it?
I know we didn't break it, but I'm just saying that next season we wouldn't be able to offer the likes of Weller, Pelle etc any more than they did this year so they are bound to go elsewhere as they deserve the bigger bucks and to be playing in a higher standard league.

Really hope I'm wrong and some of the big names from this year stay, but I certainly wouldn't blame any of them if they do go - especially with the uncertainty surrounding next year as well.
Uncertainty??

Koop11 said:
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/ten-imports-next-season-p170213

Does this also suggest that there will be less teams this year? 8 instead of 10?
Sorry if I'm being stupid - but wouldn't it suggest they are trying to help the teams that might drop out by lowering costs of import players?

I hope this trend continues for next season for amount of times I’ve seen Devils win per season…

1st season (2007/08): won 3 out of 14 (21% win percentage)
2nd season (2008/09): won 11 out of 22 (50% win percentage)
3rd season (2009/10): won 20 out of 27 (74% win percentage)
This season (2010/11): won 22 out of 24 (92% win percentage)

Mostly home games with a couple of playoff weekends / Coventry away games. Shows how much we’ve improved though!

I know we didn't break it, but I'm just saying that next season we wouldn't be able to offer the likes of Weller, Pelle etc any more than they did this year so they are bound to go elsewhere as they deserve the bigger bucks and to be playing in a higher standard league

at the fans forum me and a few others were talking to G and he did say Pelle was coming over for jsut one year as he is here on a uni deal, but theres always the chance he may deside he likes it over here and wants to stay for another season. my logic is PMA and it could always happen, fingers crossed anyway! :)