Newcastle Vipers...

Finny

When did their website change to www.vipershockey.co.uk ?

I know they have dropped the "Newcastle" bit from their name in favour of sponsors over the past couple of seasons, but I guess this is the start of the removal of it for good?

Skippy

"The Vipers will play a 48 game league season with the Vipers 24 home games being directly split between the Metro Radio Arena and Whitley Bay Ice Rink"

Is our season ticket for a 48 game league season ? I thought it was less this year

James

Administrator
the season ticket is for 30 games this year, 24 of which are league home games
from the leaflet
valid for 30 games, in all league and cup qualifying competitions (including playoffs). Qtr Final, Semi-final and final games are not included

Skippy

James said:
the season ticket is for 30 games this year, 24 of which are league home games
from the leaflet
valid for 30 games, in all league and cup qualifying competitions (including playoffs). Qtr Final, Semi-final and final games are not included
Ah my bad I get it now...

Rempel16

well the season is only 48 rich so it has to be 24season games. They then basically said it would be the first 30 games, so if we get to any semi final then that will knock the playoff qualifier off.

Rempel16

pesdaboi said:
Just hope the Vipers re-sign the donkey now! He's always good for a bit of entertainment down the Tent!
Yup, agreed.

Although i don't rate payette as a player (not since his coventry season) there is no doubting that he is the best entertainer in this league bar none.

He takes everything on the chin, plays his pantomime villain role to a tee and really makes you hate him. And as such i have built up a healthy respect for him. I feel every team needs a Payette type character. The league will be worse off without him IMO.

Rempel16 said:
pesdaboi said:
Just hope the Vipers re-sign the donkey now! He's always good for a bit of entertainment down the Tent!
Yup, agreed.

Although i don't rate payette as a player (not since his coventry season) there is no doubting that he is the best entertainer in this league bar none.

He takes everything on the chin, plays his pantomime villain role to a tee and really makes you hate him. And as such i have built up a healthy respect for him. I feel every team needs a Payette type character. The league will be worse off without him IMO.
yeah totally agree, we were in the castle in nottingham and he was in there, everyone started chanting "payette is a donkey" and he just laughed it off. top bloke.

Chris Stone said:
Just leaves Phoenix to confirm, 100% that they'll be an EIHL team next season...
Heart says EPL, head says EIHL. It all depends on what the league has done with regards to playing by its own rules. Nobody has any idea where we'll be, our silence in the last three weeks is deafening.

Finny

At a guess..... I would say initially the EPL didn't fancy Manchester joining as it would be too far north.

However, since then they might have found out that two teams are in trouble and might not be able to run a team next year (e.g. IOW, Telford), in which case a Manchester team would be very attractive.

Finny said:
At a guess..... I would say initially the EPL didn't fancy Manchester joining as it would be too far north.

However, since then they might have found out that two teams are in trouble and might not be able to run a team next year (e.g. IOW, Telford), in which case a Manchester team would be very attractive.
That was my thinking, also that our close proximity to Sheffield and Telford (two teams who traditionally have low crowd numbers) would give them a big away gate when we play them and offer than a bit of help financially.

At the very least, I know the majority of fans are behind this move as we're fed up with the EIHL's treatment of us after last season. Travelling won't be any trouble for us, what little extra we need to cover the distance travelled will be more than made up for by not forking out for flights to Belfast and the import overheads.

For me, the big question is thus - just how good will Sir Tony of Hand be in the EPL?

Ocko

Rempel16 said:
pesdaboi said:
Yup, agreed.

Previous season I would've agreed with you. I always liked Payette coming here as something alays kicked off, however this year was a complete non event when he turned up IMO.

He looked lazy, off the pace and had zero aggression. Did him and Voth even have fight? Compared to what he was in previous season it could've been a completely different player this year.

I hope I'm wrong and he comes back like the pantomine villian that he is because that's what gets the crowds in.