New York Rangers

Thread starter #1
We're heading over to New York in October i was wondering what's the best site to obtain tickets for a Rangers game in Madison Sq, as there is a lot of dodgy ticketing sites on the net. I know a few Devil's fan's have been over in the past has any one got any recommendations? Cheers :)

E.D.S.

buzzwagon said:
We're heading over to New York in October i was wondering what's the best site to obtain tickets for a Rangers game in Madison Sq, as there is a lot of dodgy ticketing sites on the net. I know a few Devil's fan's have been over in the past has any one got any recommendations? Cheers :)
The NY Rangers Ticketmaster site has always been great for me and I've done it a few times.

Wannabe2

We rang our Concierge at the Hotel prior to going, he was very helpful, i told him when we were arriving, and that there was a drink in it for him, he sorted it out for us and there were 8 of us. Its part of there job to sort things for the customers, and for us worked perfectly. Also if you have the Time, go to see the Devils, its only 15 mins on the train, and goes from the station Penn St under Madison square gardens, the rink is opposite the station is new and truelly beautiful, cant miss it as it has a 100ft stainless steel hockey player outside, if you go wear your Devils shirt they love them, and the mascot could have taught Michel Jackson a few moves, the trains are double deckers and are awesome. Tickets for the rangers are not easy to get so try my method, tickets for the Devils can be bought on the day, and the pre game introduction is fab. Also get a seating plan from Madison Gardens, so you know what you are getting from any help. NEW YORK NEW YORK so good they named it twice, greatest city on the planet.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

TheStub

I dream of visiting the Rock.

Looking around, NJ may be a good bet if you aren't a Rangers fan. Only 15 minutes away but tickets are easier to get - and you get to watch the best team in the NHL. :D :D

Go to the rock and see the devils. quick train ride from Penn station to right outside the rink and then very easy to get back into central new York again. Easier to get tickets, better rink and better views! But then as a nj fan I would say that... I just find the garden a bit dated, would like to see it once they've done the renovations though.

wildthing74

Got to say the area around MSG is not the nicest place to be late at night but with a home game lots of hockey fans milling around so ok on game night.
Got to agree with Wannabe its by far for me the greatest city I've ever been to and I dont think I sleep more than an hour a night when we go there for fear of missing something :lol:

Thread starter #10
Cheer's guys for the info, really looking forward to the trip, will miss the Devil's game against Dundee at home, but hell sacrifices have to be made ;) :)

Wannabe2

Enjoy your trip, couldnt do anything else in the greatest city on the planet, really try to see the Devils, it isnt expensive but a real blast. If you skate try the outdoor rink in Central park its a beautiful park, also theres a very nice irish bar called foleys opposite the Empire State, close to Madison Square Gardens.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

kettdevil1

TheStub said:
Looking around, NJ may be a good bet if you aren't a Rangers fan. Only 15 minutes away but tickets are easier to get - and you get to watch the best team in the NHL. :D :D

Spot on..............................

If they are playing Calgary.... ;)

Devildan top tip, go up the Rockefeller instead of the empire state as it's cheaper a lot less queue same view and you can also see the empire state so can get some pretty amazing pictures of it in the sky line.

Thestubhub.com is awesome for cheap tickets I paid $25 on there whilst MSG box office tried charging $70 for the same seats. 18000 seats but the red army make more noise.

Do the tour of MSG too. It's really interesting and only costs a few dollars. You get to go around loads of the place, including the boxes, bars, lockers rooms, etc.

Oh and take a trip to where the Islanders play too and see the very pad where the Titans played as the first ever Welsh team to travel to New York.

word to the wise if you do take people's advice and stay in New Jersey - avoid Newark. We were meant to stay there for 5 nights in April, we lasted a night and got the hell out of there and upgraded to manhattan. Roughest place I've ever been. Newark is where the NJ Devils arena is, whilst the arena is wonderful, the surrounding area is very dodgy. We ended up staying as I say in New York and catching the PATH metro to Newark to watch Devils games (only took 20 mins).

As far as NY Rangers, as many of you'll know, you can't beat the area around MSG - Times Square, awesome. Arena is a dump mind you :eek:

I stayed in Newark in march and have stayed there in past years too and haven't had any trouble or even a spot of bother, where did you get so much hassle?