New Website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStub

At all the games, and in the programs, it has been mentioned as being ready for October I believe.

I think for the new season, and for the start of the new season are subtly different things ;)

Its there and looks great and has lots of new bits. :D

...although i am trying to get an email for someone at HQ and i cant find that bit anymore. :cry:

It looks really nice, seems much easier on the eye as well.

A definate improvment over the old one which wasn't bad, but it was poorly maintained (different fonts all over the place, no real structure).

Not sure who, just wanted to esquire about the discount on tickets available to members of Boulders climbing center.
Thanks for the tip there, i'll drop someone from the list an email and if its not them they can always forward it on.

I've had a good poke around the site now and i love it, my only 'but' is i was kinda hoping for an iPhone app too. Maybe i'm asking too much...

Looks much better than the old site, very nice. Much simpler than the old one, there were to many features that just weren't used.
Notice that the devils tv has gone over to youtube, that promise of the best ice hockey 'tv' was probably the biggest let down from the 'burge era'. Much prefer it being through youtube. Why create your own service when there are betters readily available.

Mark666 said:
i was kinda hoping for an iPhone app too.
This would be good!

nmase20 said:
Notice that the devils tv has gone over to youtube, that promise of the best ice hockey 'tv' was probably the biggest let down from the 'burge era'. Much prefer it being through youtube. Why create your own service when there are betters readily available.
I agree with this, I always had issues loading the videos, I wonder if they'll upload the back catalogue of videos?

Koop11

Just had a really good navigate around the new website. I’m very, very impressed indeed. Fresh, simple and full of information. A great looking website. Best in the league for sure.

Great job guys. Took a while coming but certainly worth the weight.

osh

Good to see the new site up and running at long last. Despite our many differences of opinion, hope they get Finny on board for match reports, and look and learn from those who run the Inferno !

Finny

The match reports on the website are done by Terry Phillips as part of the Echo sponsorship deal.

I don't think they'd let me do my reports for the official site even if I wanted to as half of what I write is only put in to wind the opposition fans up! ;)

osh

Finny said:
The match reports on the website are done by Terry Phillips as part of the Echo sponsorship deal.

I don't think they'd let me do my reports for the official site even if I wanted to as half of what I write is only put in to wind the opposition fans up! ;)

Too modest Finny. I always feel that the main website should contain as much match information as possible and sadly I don't think TP does that. Yes, your reports invariably lean towards the Devils - and why not - but at least you cover the individual battles and incidents and call it as you see it, such things very often get left out in the main website reports.

osh

Koop11 said:
Just had a really good navigate around the new website. I’m very, very impressed indeed. Fresh, simple and full of information. A great looking website. Best in the league for sure.

Great job guys. Took a while coming but certainly worth the weight.

Yeh i've just had another look around the website, pity they don't post the latest news (Voth) we have to rely on the inferno and the Echo to keep in touch, crazy situation. If this is a sign of things to come I will be disappointed even more. Best in the league? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.