New rink layout

Diafol said:
When the BBT opened, ST holders from the WNIR were given the opportunity to come down during the week before the first game to check the place out and pick where they wanted to sit. IIRC it was during a juniors training session on a Tuesday evening.
That's correct, but it was done over a couple of evenings in the same week. On the whole it worked quite well, considering the poor sightlines :roll: There were one or two tweaks once the home season got underway, but nothing major and a few ST holders changed seats the following season to ones that weren't already allocated to other ST holders.
As already mentioned, there will be more seats to choose from in the new arena + the sightlines should be a lot better :) I'm sure the Club will organize something similar at the time.

Everyone will have the opportunity to visit the rink prior to opening as they did in the BBT, as soon as the seating plan is agreed and finalized it will be put out for people to see.

chris hartrey said:
Everyone will have the opportunity to visit the rink prior to opening as they did in the BBT, as soon as the seating plan is agreed and finalized it will be put out for people to see.
Does this mean you are going to be the new rink manager?

dave hardman said:
chris hartrey said:
Does this mean you are going to be the new rink manager?
bit unnecessary really

Have Hope#35 said:
. Are people really worried they won't get a decent seat/view? Maybe it's just me being naive!?
Well I am ......and I think justifiably so.
7/8 years ago when we moved in to a 'new', though admittedly 'temporary' rink, who would have thought that unless you sat in the first two rows....your view would be so restricted and your enjoyment limited. I still feel that the club has lost out massively in being unable to 'keep hold of' hundreds of first time viewers because family groups won't tolerate paying to spectate when the adults find viewing poor and their youngsters find it well nigh impossible (and then get bored).
As far as the new build is concerned, I'm assuming nothing.

phil PLT said:
Diafol said:
When the BBT opened, ST holders from the WNIR were given the opportunity to come down during the week before the first game to check the place out and pick where they wanted to sit. IIRC it was during a juniors training session on a Tuesday evening.
That's correct, but it was done over a couple of evenings in the same week. On the whole it worked quite well, considering the poor sightlines :roll: There were one or two tweaks once the home season got underway, but nothing major and a few ST holders changed seats the following season to ones that weren't already allocated to other ST holders.
As already mentioned, there will be more seats to choose from in the new arena + the sightlines should be a lot better :) I'm sure the Club will organize something similar at the time.
Sorry, but that didn't happen with all, we didn't have the option to do that although we had been promised!

I was hopeful that we would in the new rink and agree with other posts that we would like to sit with friends.
However, seeing the new season ticket forms and hearing of those who could pay today having 'priority' numbers then guess it won't work like that. :?:

osh

Any news on ground breaking works or exact start date for new rink yet. Have all plans been presented, plans approved , go ahead granted etc. there was a separate topic but it seems to have disappeared.( or maybe I just can't see for looking )

Koop11

A decision on planning permission is due in March. When exactly I'm not sure. I recall reading that if that is granted they will start digging in June.