New Rink are we getting one ? ,some small USA rinks 2/3/5000

Ocko

Re: New Rink are we getting one ? ,some small USA rinks 2/3/

I dont think we have much chance of anything like that but 2,1,3 are my order of favourites.

2 looks like it has the best facilities and I love the full bowl.... But I think we will get a lesser version of 3.

kettdevil1

2, 3, 1

Seating all the way round is always my preference, although as others have said, happy with any of these.

Thread starter #6

Rink 3 only has a capacity of 1600 and looks pretty good,
realistically we need something around the 3000 between no 2 & 3

I personally think the council should Knock down the CIA
which misses out on the big concerts, knock it down and re-build
on the same site something with 2 tiers about the 8,000 mark
lower tier open for hockey.
then again were talking about Cardiff council.

Why knock it down? Just put a rink and loads of seats in there. Refurb.

But don't Shuff play in the Motorpoint...?

Sent from my wonderous toy using a program I downloaded for it.

Been thinking about this now, you swine. Looking at the pix, not all of them have video screens. I think we're spoiled a bit in the BBT (believe it or not) because we have that facility. How many times have you seen a replay and thought; 'oh, so that's what happened!'?

We were at the ShoWare centre in Seattle in October. I wanted to bring the rink home with us. 7,000 seats but raked really steeply for awesome views; not too bright over the audience, cinema-type seats (with cup holders), lovely facilities for food and drink and getting rid of food and drink you had earlier. Mind you, that video scoreboard looks like an expensive piece of kit!

The ice was pink because they were having a breast cancer awareness night! I got a free pink T-Birds hat, too. :p

Attachments

I also think video screens are a must, I took some new fans to Scotland and their biggest let down was the fact that there were no replays. They said that the entertainment on the screens before the game added that extra something.

Thread starter #10

Lets be honest the BBT is embarrassing to the Hockey club, the City,
god know what new players think when they come from Canada, USA :shock: The Club, The Fans, The Players, deserve better
A refurbished CIA ???
move the stage 90 degrees (to an end) and rebuild U SHAPE SEATING WITH LARGE CAPACITY , there`s alot of wasted space above ground level @ the CIA , 2 small balconies only.
city centre location and better facilities will bring 2000+ back to the Devils easy, plus a larger arena to attract the bigger bands who miss Wales.
Sorted then :D
Sheffield arena was built for the Student games ?
Nottingham arena was Lottery money mainly
I just cannot understand the cardiff city councils thinking :DWD
doing things on the cheap rather than an arena to be proud of.
Council needs a kick up the arse, they`ve created the problem with there
lies.....

I`ve been to the
New York Islanders - crap old rink dodgy going through brooklyn 1am with jetlag :eek:
New York Rangers - historical MSG
New Jersey Devils - Middle of no where
Philadelphia Flyers - 3 times (the best easy) amazing place 19,000
red leather seats
I just hope something is sorted soon.

Thread starter #12

The old one in the Meadowlands , no wonder they moved
ain`t been to the NEWARK one YET, looks wicked

Planning another trip over in 2013 hopefully will see it then :p

Attachments

Yeah meadowlands wasn't the best but the team playing there was! The rock is a great rink one of the best in the world to visit and it's really accessible from NYC.

TheStub

The Rock is one of the most profitable arenas in the world apparently. With the great facilities, and 30 minutes from the center of NYC I can well believe it.

Wannabe2

New Jerseys new gaff is truelly beautiful, when you get of the train from New York which is a 15 min journey its directly across the road from the station. It has a stainless steel hockey player outside about 100ft tall and you can get your photo taken sitting on the curve of the stick. The mascot is amazing and could have taught Michael Jackson a few moves, there opening is something else, and they are very curious about our shirts, think they admire our logo which of course they should. Recommend it to anyone who can get there, its something else.

Thread starter #17

Can remember passing through Newark on the train when going from New york to Philadelphia

Maybe fly direct to Newark international ?

Will be checking the NHL and NFL schedules next year
try to see who`s playing etc
previously we`ve managed 2 NHL AND 2 NFL games in 4 days
was amazing.

done it 3 times , Wicked and sometimes "scary" :roll: