New players - who will be the stand outs

jenks33

I’d love to hear an interview with coach Skalde before the game on Thursday, would be nice to hear his thoughts about the upcoming games.
Like a few of us said on here the other day it’s very surprising that no interviews have been posted online yet. How long has Skalde been here for now? At least 9 days isn’t it? I thought we would see loads of interviews in the first week after having no hockey for nearly 18 months. It’s not a big deal but we’re usually pro active with things like this. It’s a surprise to me

august04 2.0

Like a few of us said on here the other day it’s very surprising that no interviews have been posted online yet. How long has Skalde been here for now? At least 9 days isn’t it? I thought we would see loads of interviews in the first week after having no hockey for nearly 18 months. It’s not a big deal but we’re usually pro active with things like this. It’s a surprise to me
I’m absolutely staggered that we haven't heard from Skalde at the very least. I think the last interview was with Trevor Cox on the 10th July wasn’t it? A lot has happened since then!

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #26
Give them a break I think Todd and Skalde are pretty busy. Can you imagine what its like getting players into the UK from different countries and then organising travel for the CHL in the middle of Covid with all the different ever changing rules. I just tried to take my family to France and I failed.

jenks33

Give them a break I think Todd and Skalde are pretty busy. Can you imagine what its like getting players into the UK from different countries and then organising travel for the CHL in the middle of Covid with all the different ever changing rules. I just tried to take my family to France and I failed.
Cmon now. I’m talking about a 5 minute interview at the end one of the 4 or 5 training sessions they’ve probably already had. I don’t care how busy you are that is doable in the 10 or so days Skalde has been here. I’ve got such a high regard for how the club has been run since Todd came in that I’m just a bit surprised we haven’t heard from anybody yet. It’s especially surprising as we’ve got a new coach, 14 new players and we haven’t had a game for nearly 18 months.

Ocko

A 5 minute interview can take hours of editing.

I don’t know why anyone cares so much about an interview. They’ll only spit out the company line for every question.

I can tell you what most answers will be: great city, great welcome, so happy to finally be here, team will play fast and work hard, excited to play in front of great fans in IAW, CHL will be such a challenge but can’t wait to test ourselves against the best in Europe…
Blah blah blah.

august04 2.0

I don’t know why anyone cares so much about an interview. They’ll only spit out the company line for every question.

I can tell you what most answers will be: great city, great welcome, so happy to finally be here, team will play fast and work hard, excited to play in front of great fans in IAW, CHL will be such a challenge but can’t wait to test ourselves against the best in Europe…
Blah blah blah.
We have a new guy at the helm. Whether he trots out the company line or not, it would be nice to hear from him and get some communication going with the fans. With ticket sales not looking brilliant for the opener, I’d be trying everything!

Devil94

Blah blah blah.
Not to get off topic, but;

A one camera interview does not take hours, not if you're any good anyway. Plus, the editing would be done by someone else, the IceTime Tv crew perhaps, so would not take any more time for Todd, Skalde or a player.

The company line excuse could be used for any pre-match, post match, coach or player interview ever in sports. They still should be done however for media responsibilities, ticket sales, fan engagement etc.

There might be a valid reason we haven't heard anything. A Covid bubble for 10 days perhaps, with no outsiders allowed. But the above are not valid reasons.

jenks33

Blah blah blah.
I’d agree with that if it was the previous seasons when we used to re-sign 14 players and had the same coach for 5/6 seasons. Totally different this season tho. Pretty much a new squad and a new coach. If you’re not interested in hearing from them then you are definitely in the minority.

Wannabe2

No need for massive editing it’s not a program for television viewing, club obviously up to its eyeballs at the moment but a few minutes update wouldn’t go amiss.

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #33
Well I had tickets for the first two matches but now Im going to miss them both. Despite 2 vaccines and rigid mask wearing I and my whole family have Covid. Absolutely gutted and my 9 year old daughter is really upset.

Wannabe2

Well I had tickets for the first two matches but now Im going to miss them both. Despite 2 vaccines and rigid mask wearing I and my whole family have Covid. Absolutely gutted and my 9 year old daughter is really upset.
So sorry to hear that mate, the most important thing now is to take good care of each other, FreeSports now unfortunately. Stay safe buddy you will be there soon, take good care.

mjh

Really sorry to hear that. Hope all is well with you all and you're able to get to a game soon.

moggy#9

It could be a symptom of the club not having a full backroom staff yet. Not only have the management got a lot on their plates, but with so many new players there's going to be a lot to sort out; living arrangements, sponsored cars, keeping them away from the castle... ;-)

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #38
So sorry to hear that mate, the most important thing now is to take good care of each other, FreeSports now unfortunately. Stay safe buddy you will be there soon, take good care.
I forgot about freesports. Thanks for reminding me. My daughter will be so pleased. Im over the worst of the Covid but I think a Devils win could get us back to full health. Thankfully although both testing positive, the kids have been symptom free. The wife seemed to get it worst. Its still a nasty virus even with the vaccine.

We've been blessed with some great defensemen over the years, but I'm really excited to see Register in action. His consistent high output in the coast for years makes me feel like he could really make this league his own.

august04 2.0

I forgot about freesports. Thanks for reminding me. My daughter will be so pleased. Im over the worst of the Covid but I think a Devils win could get us back to full health. Thankfully although both testing positive, the kids have been symptom free. The wife seemed to get it worst. Its still a nasty virus even with the vaccine.
Both CHL games are on Freesports next week.