New Ice

I'm pretty sure the logo was facing away from the benches last season also. I for one think that it has to be something to do with livestream as it would look stupid having an upside down logo.

Lets hope the new rink has a logo that is facing towards the benches.

Temme

Thread starter #5
wildthing74 said:
I'm pretty certain it faced that way last year too.
SFarrell92 said:
I'm pretty sure the logo was facing away from the benches last season also. I for one think that it has to be something to do with livestream as it would look stupid having an upside down logo.

If you look on this video from early on last year you can see it's facing the benches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=345CUc3YJEE

(There's a centre ice face off at 3:30 on the video)

I doubt it matters too much, probably is to do with the webcast i'd imagine, although i think it's unusual to face the logo away from the players?

James

Administrator
It's been the other way the last few years for the sky / ps cameras. It was facing away from the bench prior to this

The logo was facing away from the benches last season. The video clip is from early last season before it was redone - it still has acityabode as main sponsor...

zoesdevil

Temme said:
wildthing74 said:
I'm pretty certain it faced that way last year too.
SFarrell92 said:

If you look on this video from early on last year you can see it's facing the benches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=345CUc3YJEE

(There's a centre ice face off at 3:30 on the video)

I doubt it matters too much, probably is to do with the webcast i'd imagine, although i think it's unusual to face the logo away from the players?
Here it is 2 weeks ago...

Attachments

Temme

Thread starter #12
It's honestly not something i've ever paid attention too! I just saw Todd's photo (the original one on this thread) and thought it was weird that it faced away from the players on the bench! Ah Voila, the first video of a game i find on Youtube is from before they painted it last year :lol:

I think the sponsors look good too, and it's not overkill like Sheffields!

The centre ice mini-circle says "BEN BEER" on it - he was the son of Anthony Beer that passed away last week aged 25.