New EIHL highlights show on Premier Sports?

kettdevil1

Sheincar said:
Comment on MNL that Premier were filming tonight.
Yes they were. A studio was set up and there were quite a few cameras around the place (oh and a sound mic next to us which could be fun :D )

Russky

does this mean that sky has once again abandoned british icehockey, depriving it of any coverage on television? I had noticed there has not been a live match on a friday night on sky sports for at least two seasons, this being the second season?

Diafol

From THF:

"Despite being announced as being filmed for broadcast, tonight's filming at the Sky Dome was purely a dry run for possible further coverage. It was good fun to be involved, especially on main camera, fingers crossed it leads to something more."

TheStub

It may tempt me to pay for the online service, especially if they offer the blacked out NHL games on demand in HD.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

TheStub said:
It may tempt me to pay for the online service, especially if they offer the blacked out NHL games on demand in HD.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
HD is a must before I subscribe to them.

Not getting too excited. Their coverage of the nhl has been disastrous.

There's a few times they've cancelled screening games at zero notice due to 'unforeseen weather conditions' even though the rest of Europe has still managed to get a feed from across the Atlantic.

There have been other occasions where they've screened the first period, gone to intermission, and not rejoined the game until the THIRD period.

The picture quality is genuinely unwatchable at times.

They've also had problems screening UK rugby league so I'll believe it when I see it as to whether this potential highlights package or coverage will do more harm than good.

Gohabsgo said:

There's a few times they've cancelled screening games at zero notice due to 'unforeseen weather conditions' even though the rest of Europe has still managed to get a feed from across the Atlantic.

There have been other occasions where they've screened the first period, gone to intermission, and not rejoined the game until the THIRD period.

They've also had problems screening UK rugby league so I'll believe it when I see it as to whether this potential highlights package or coverage will do more harm than good.
I record and watch all NIL games and have encountered similar problems but in all fairness not very often. My issue is that when i record i usually miss the last 5 mins of the game.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

DevilDom

Gohabsgo said:

Whilst they have had some problems with the NHL any sort of coverage of the EIHL is better than none.

danhall76 said:
Gohabsgo said:

I record and watch all NIL games and have encountered similar problems but in all fairness not very often. My issue is that when i record i usually miss the last 5 mins of the game.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I record the majority of games containing Eastern Conference Teams and have only had once incident of poor picture quality this season and this was not a recording of a live game so it was probably more to do with the weather conditions here (that were horrible at the time)

I think the overall quality has improved greatly over the last 18 months or so.

With respect to missing the end of the game, I just record the next scheduled programme following the NHL game. They always continue the NHL game into the next programme slot and I've never known them cut the game short because it has gone over a bit. You need to make sure you have plenty of space on your Sky+ though.

Ocko

I'm also sure that if they run their own programme, which is based in the UK, the consistency and quality will be better than a borrowed feed from the US that someone just clicks the play button.

Wannabe2

I have premier sports and dont have a problem with them, if they showed some EIHL footage that would be the icing on the cake for me..