New coach: who should it be?

Mazzoak

If Lord has any aspirations of making the NHL/AHL as a coach there is no way he would come back to the Devils. IAfter his first year with the Rabbits, he & they have struggled this year. Lots of players moving up & down the leagues hasnt helped though.

As for a new coach, i cant see us going down the route of the same interview process as last time. The Devils 'bigged' up the Skalde appointment process and how rigorous it was etc etc and it didn't work out. My guess is that it'll be someone already known to TK &/or the owners.

On the owners, correct me if ive missed it, but i havent seen one mention from them about Skalde leaving, not even a thank you so things would appear pretty sour.
Lords position will depend on the Rabbits, if this is their 2nd yr without significant progress into their league competition and playoffs they may well have already told Lord he won’t be there for a 3rd yr and Lord could be club-less, move to another team in the America’s or has already been in talks with us. Rabbits new owners made it clear they wanted success and their 1st coach only lasted 2 yrs, Lords made less progress, so......
Steve hasn’t been as engaging on here or social media since the dire performances back last yr, maybe he’s as frustrated with the situation as some fans. Probably now has the same opinion as Todd, can’t really blame them, knowing what they know compared to us would make it frustrating reading. Although if you want to engage and stop rumours, going from one extreme to the other isn’t the best plan.

Devil94

Lords position will depend on the Rabbits, if this is their 2nd yr without significant progress into their league competition and playoffs they may well have already told Lord he won’t be there for a 3rd yr and Lord could be club-less, move to another team in the America’s or has already been in talks with us. Rabbits new owners made it clear they wanted success and their 1st coach only lasted 2 yrs, Lords made less progress, so......
Steve hasn’t been as engaging on here or social media since the dire performances back last yr, maybe he’s as frustrated with the situation as some fans. Probably now has the same opinion as Todd, can’t really blame them, knowing what they know compared to us would make it frustrating reading. Although if you want to engage and stop rumours, going from one extreme to the other isn’t the best plan.
Made less progress? In the 3 years before he got there they finished 26th, 26th and 16th. His first year in charge they finished 4th (!) and currently this year they're at 13th. That's quite an impact he's made if you ask me.
I hope he doesn't come back yet, he should be aiming for bigger and better things.

moggy#9

A man like Lordo will want to go to forwards not backwards. In my opinion there is no chance he would even consider a return to Cardiff.
Even if he didn't stay with the rabbits, he'd be looking for an option to broaden his experience and carry on learning. He'd understand that to move forward you have to sometimes move sideways or backward.

terry hunt

What exactly has Aaron Fox achieved at the Steelers?.I thought i had read that he had signed a new contract with them.
If you want a shouting loudmouth you should consider Thommo one of the most successful coaches in UK hockey.
Keefe even though he was a player at Belfast he didnt achieve immediate success.No thanks he would kill the Devils reputation at home and abroad.
Apart from the haters who attacked Dupont as a player after several games.They continue their campaign even though he has just been given the job as coach.I wonder if these people have a personal issue with him and wont even give him a chance.
My hope is that our owners who know more about hockey than all on here( even the explayers who remain anonymous) will stick to their guns.
My biggest concern is that they are fed up with the attitudes on here.

kingmo19.1

I don’t think we’ll find out any time soon as ‘The Apprentice’ selection process surely wouldn’t have started yet!

I wonder if it’s worth going for a new Head Coach & Assistant Coach combination with an element of succession planning in place for the Assistant to step up. Would avoid the scenario of having to go out to market again in the future - and the assistant would then be familiar with the league, organisation, players and style of hockey.

Devil94

I don’t think we’ll find out any time soon as ‘The Apprentice’ selection process surely wouldn’t have started yet!

I wonder if it’s worth going for a new Head Coach & Assistant Coach combination with an element of succession planning in place for the Assistant to step up. Would avoid the scenario of having to go out to market again in the future - and the assistant would then be familiar with the league, organisation, players and style of hockey.
The selection process can't really take that long this time. Player discussions would usually be underway by this time.
I would say that it has already started. Or possibly complete, maybe Todd already had a guy lined up all along?

moggy#9

The selection process can't really take that long this time. Player discussions would usually be underway by this time.
I would say that it has already started. Or possibly complete, maybe Todd already had a guy lined up all along?
I'm sure rumours would be swirling at the play offs weekend, if the attendance rises above the proverbial 3 men and a dog. ;-)