New CEO?

TheStub

Matt can't hold a office within the club, due to his ongoing legal wrangling. I would also bet he has more to worry about than an ice hockey team at the moment.

Nice to see someone cut from the same cloth has stepped up. Friend of Matt's?

It will be interesting to see if he has just taken the CEO office, or if he is a new owner. I am guessing the former, as it would probably be awkward for him to sell up now.

Ger-Devils

Finny said:
Ok.

So what is exactly is a CEO?
Does this mean the Devils have been sold?
Is Matt Burge still involved?
Technically Burge probably isn't with his problems at the moment. Could be a joint venture? Who knows?

Koop11

James said:
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/newsheadline.aspx?cpid=712
Well the last few days has seen some positive developments. It’s good to have another acclaimed millionaire on board with the Devils. Welcome Paul.

I do like the tone coming from the Devils management and SORAC. The Council have promised and now need to deliver. If they give us the green light to build and run our own facility then that will be a very positive step in securing the future of this club. The fact still remains that we are fragile playing out of a temporary home that fails to meet very basic specifications and is run by a high profiting but poor organisation in Planet Ice.

I think December 2012 is an ambitious target to find the finance to build a facility at an approximate cost of £7million. I’m assuming the plan is to still have two ice pads but I naturally cost will dictate what we will get. It’s encouraging to hear Shannon refer to having the best team of architects, surveyors and contractors to guarantee that we are the most credible and capable contender to develop the new home. It will be interesting to see whether the council will award us this opportunity. The lease on the rink did not go our way but I understand there was more than meets the eye with that.

We wait tentatively on further developments but in the meantime I wish all the best to Paul, Matt and the rest of the Devils organisation for our future plans.

Gazza272

I would assume that if/when Matt gets his personal problems sorted out if he had the inclination he would be welcomed back. I certainly wouldnt rule out seeing Matt back at this club.

James

Administrator
They were both at the match together last night and have jointly owned companies, so yes it's not like Matt is off completely I'd guess.
We certainly very much have him to thank for ensuring the stability of the club continues.

TheStub

There has been no comment in any direction, so I would guess so.

This seems to be "safe pair of hands" whilst Matt sorts his personal issues out, rather than yard sale. I'm not even sure if Matt is legally allowed to sell the team at the moment.

A

Anonymous

Chris said:
Not quite the same effect when one of the other mods has already answered the question though :D

Chris.
Just an attempt to be sarcastic back, dont miss a trick me :oops: :lol: