New Brit signing.

Thread starter #1
I believe Steve Fisher who plays for the ENL Devils has signed with the team today.
Not sure how much ice time he'll receive however it's another body and a forward at that who can hopefully help put a couple points on the board and fill the squad.
It'll be nice to see another Welsh younster getting a shot at Elite league hockey.

Gazza272

i'm actually really happy with this news, Fisher is a fairly big guy, and his points production at ENL level has been consistently good for many seasons. he even has a goal at EIHL level in his only game, he's a real goal poacher from what i have seen and i think he has the potential to be a very good player.

Good stuff. I heven't seen the enl this year unfortunately, but this guy seems to often be on the score sheet when I check the results.

If he's got decent size that's even better and the extra body alone will make a big difference I'm sure.

Looking forward to seeing him play!

ASHIPP

Great news and great to see another young Welshman coming up through our ranks. :D

Thanks to Gerad for acting quickly - the extra player will really help the situation right now and look forward to see him on the ice hopefully this weekend.

Finny

Good news if true, although I guess it's confirmation that Cowmeadows season is over. Let's just hope it's not his career.

I was thinking earlier this weekend would be a good chance to give some of the ENL guys a chance. Let's hope Fisher makes the step up.

Koop11

Fisher is a very skilful player and will certainly add some much needed fire power to the 3rd line. He has height but not the biggest lad out there but Ben Davies isn’t renown for his size and he can be very affective do not really an issue as far as I’m concerned.

Well done Gerad if this is true.

Thread starter #7
My source is Steve himself so its a fairly reliable source. lol He said that he may get called up for a game or two so im not sure just how much ice time he'll get. It would make sense to play him now though given our current shortage of forwards.
Not sure if he'd play on Saturday though as i believe ENL Devils have quite an important game at home.

Gazza272

Ivydrive said:
My source is Steve himself so its a fairly reliable source. lol He said that he may get called up for a game or two so im not sure just how much ice time he'll get. It would make sense to play him now though given our current shortage of forwards.
Not sure if he'd play on Saturday though as i believe ENL Devils have quite an important game at home.

This isnt a criticism of the ENL team as such but at the end of the day what is the ENL there to do, to win or to develop?

i guess its more of a debate for another thread, but would Steve benefit from more ice time with the ENL or is now the time with the devils with a short bench for Steve to step up and see if his scoring touch can be transferred from ENL level to EIHL level?

i respect that the ENL is a team in its own right but i have noticed a lot of the development leagues to me sometimes send out a message that the better you are the less likely you are to get your chances at a higher level.

Also spoken to Steve and he won't be playing this weekend as he does have a game for ENL to play..His stats are quite good & I think its a good time for him to sign with us when we are short benched..Even if he doesn't get much ice time, he's still an extra player and I think we need whoever we can get at the moment.