Nathan Walker

Thread starter #1
Young lad born in Cardiff playing for a Czech team in the Spengler Cup. Seems to have an Aussie background does anyone know the story behind him?

TSN interviewed him after he scored against Team Canada:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHOfiwusUA4&feature=youtu.be

And he's listed by scouts as the 6th best draft eligible player in the Czech Republic for the 2012 NHL entry draft.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=75394#CZH

Hadn't heard of him until the Spengler Cup but would be great to see him make it to the NHL, even though he plays for Australia and probably considers himself an Aussie he was still born in Cardiff so we'd get to say there's a Welsh born player in the NHL :D

drainage

On the Steelers forum there I a thread about him and possibility of signing ........generally discounted by most posters! He seems a quality player and he was born in Cardiff so is Welsh !!

Apparently his parents are Welsh, he was born in Wales but the family moved to Australia when he was 2 years old. He plays hockey for the Australian national team. Not sure whether he considers himself Welsh or Australian. His old man played club rugby in Wales.

Gohabsgo - I tried to respond to yer PM but it says 'No defined recipient'! Maybe because you changed your profile. Can you try me again? If that fails, one of us has an error somewhere.

WelshHabsFan said:
Gohabsgo - I tried to respond to yer PM but it says 'No defined recipient'! Maybe because you changed your profile. Can you try me again? If that fails, one of us has an error somewhere.
That's a bizarre one! I'll try and send again

drainage

Gohabsgo said:
He just scored again, prompting the commentator to say 'this kid is for real'. No chance the Steelers sign this guy.
Fairly certain the hype he is getting stateside makes Sheffield an unlikely destination........mind if he feels like returning to Gods country for a shift or 20 he can google map us !! :D

drainage said:
Gohabsgo said:
He just scored again, prompting the commentator to say 'this kid is for real'. No chance the Steelers sign this guy.
Fairly certain the hype he is getting stateside makes Sheffield an unlikely destination........mind if he feels like returning to Gods country for a shift or 20 he can google map us !! :D
:lol:

Would love to see this guy make the NHL. A Welsh born player in there would be pretty neat.