my opinion on this year

jay44

Thread starter #1
As a season ticket holder for the past three years, I know im stating obvious but we have seriously gone downhill. Ive spoken to away fans who say cardiff isnt an intimidating place to come anymore and the devils fans dont creeate an atmosphere anymore...

The booing well I dont like booing as a sportsman myself but it does show the players that were disatisfied, so its a judgement call

When a certain fan in block 2 says something about paychecks and some tells him to f*** of and puts the finger up, that creates a wonderful family atmosphere which were promoting, you wouldnt want your kid seeing that or hearing that language so fan number drops atmosphere gets worse.
Its a snowball effect

One way to solve this sack G i know slightly rational but we have won one league game and won zero at home... not sufficiant and what other club keeps a coach for 5 plus years with no trophy, why are we keeping him someone enlighten me.

that is my personal opinion

jay44

Thread starter #3
Finny said:
Sacking G would stop fans swearing at each other?
I worded that badly i ment sacking G would stop us losing by bringing in another coach therefore stop the fans having ago, I see no need for devils fans to swear at eachover though??

Finny

Can you be certain a new coach would get us winning instantly? I'm not.

I missed last weeks game against Sheffield but nearly every person I spoke to at the rink last night said the negativity on here afterwards was a massive over-reaction. Regardless of who was right, we ended the weekend with a win and a loss, results which I would have accepted beforehand.

Last night we lost to a better team who in my opinion look league favourites. I thought our effort was good and our physicality was good too. I was disappointed by our composure in front of goal and decision making, but that's what happens when you have a team short of confidence at home.

To be honest what the team looks like needing most at the moment is not a new coach but the full support of its fans and management.

Wannabe2

jay44 said:
Finny said:
I worded that badly i ment sacking G would stop us losing by bringing in another coach therefore stop the fans having ago, I see no need for devils fans to swear at eachover though??
1.How would sacking G stop the team losing.
2. Who would you bring in, or do you think there are plenty of competent coaches out there who don't have a job.?.

Ocko

At the very least G needs to get behind the bench. This team is badly in need of some coaching during the game which he cannot give as a player and Franny just isn't good enough. I do think Franny is getting off lightly while G takes the flak at the moment. Franny has love for the club which is all well and good but he doesn't have the playing or coaching pedigree to take a team anywhere near the top. Now let's not talk about how good a recruiter he is, that is really over estimated. It's all to do with luck and agents. For every Matzka there's a Romfo, or one of the many players who are sure to quarterback out powerplay, so please don't use that to warrant his role.

Once G takes to the bench he will then be fully accountable for the changing of the game he can give direction for the powerplay, tell certain players to send a message and just notice things he doesn't notice because he's getting his breath back, which he spends his entire time off the ice doing. We wouldn't miss him on the ice because let's be honest he is probably the worst player and so so slow.

Wannabe2 said:
jay44 said:
Finny said:
1.How would sacking G stop the team losing.
2. Who would you bring in, or do you think there are plenty of competent coaches out there who don't have a job.?.
My thoughts exactly ... Who would we bring in?

mazza03

I do think that it's time for G to leave the skates and concentrate on coaching, do I think he should go? Do I hell, G is a good coach but just need to focus on that.

Wannabe2

If G goes solely on the bench, that means we are a import down, who then will pay for his replacement Santa is a bit busy at the moment.

Wannabe2 said:
If G goes solely on the bench, that means we are a import down, who then will pay for his replacement Santa is a bit busy at the moment.
I don't think we would miss him on the ice and he would hopefully do a much better job coaching from the bench.

Ocko

Wannabe2 said:
Why does it matter that he is an import? If anything it is a good thing as it allows us to bring someone else in if money becomes available. Almost all the british players are more effective as players than G.

What would you do then wannabe? Nothing? Sounds that way. There is such an acceptance for losing in the club and it's irritating.

I think G deserves a chance to be a coach, and that means hanging up the skates. If he doesn't I don't think he will see the season out. With a struggling team he just cannot see the ice like he would on the bench, he needs to make tactical changes to the team but just cannot do it in his current role.

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
Wannabe2 said:
Why does it matter that he is an import? If anything it is a good thing as it allows us to bring someone else in if money becomes available. Almost all the british players are more effective as players than G.

What would you do then wannabe? Nothing? Sounds that way. There is such an acceptance for losing in the club and it's irritating.

I think G deserves a chance to be a coach, and that means hanging up the skates. If he doesn't I don't think he will see the season out. With a struggling team he just cannot see the ice like he would on the bench, he needs to make tactical changes to the team but just cannot do it in his

current role.
Please dont put words in my mouth, it is plainly obvious to anyone that things are not right at the moment, but I would be extremely surprised if there is money to put G on the bench and bring in another player, you may know different of course, I would never settle for crap, I have been around a bit too long for that believe me.

ASHIPP

This team has the ability to compete and probably beat most teams in this league (except Nottingham and Belfast......too superior) BUT only if:

1. Gerad allowed to concentrate on coaching not playing..can see whats really going on from behind the bench.

2. Underachieving players are made accountable or dealt with appropriately.

3. Ben Davies's obvious talent is channelled and utilised properly (otherwise he will be playing for Belfast next season) and our fantastic young Brits are utilised more.

3. Andrew Conboy learns his role on the team and demonstrates what a good
player he is. His contribution is pivotal.

BostonBart22

Wannabe2 said:
good point having G on the bench, we then could gas at Top brit who we all know is not good enough and bring in another import D :idea:

Wannabe2

BostonBart22 said:
Wannabe2 said:
good point having G on the bench, we then could gas at Top brit who we all know is not good enough and bring in another import D :idea:
Would that be a top scoring D Man, who can fight, hit,clear the crease, and play the drums.