Mr Brad Voth

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
If Brad does,nt return next season i will be truely gutted, he has shown true commitment to the Devils, when every other team in the league wanted him.He has led our team for 4 seasons, a commitment not seen very often these days, where players swap and change for bigger bucks, and thats says a aweful lot about this mans personality. We all know Brad has made mistakes, but how many tough guys over 4 seasons havent, its a very tough role to play. We also know what the league think about him, much to there disgrace. He is a man who always has time for people, and always has time for the kids, a player who belongs to be talked about in the same way we talk about past Devils greats. Voth is a rare player who really does believe the name on the front of the shirt is what its all about. And thats why i am asking you guys to put your name to show your support for this very special player, known on Sky Sports as the Lord Mayor of Cardiff.
If you feel like me, then please show your support for him, by listing your forum name below this post.
Thanks

James

Administrator
Great post Wannabe. You can add my +1 The first game I went to was Brads first game as a Devil 5 years ago. I've never known them without him.

Rempel16

+1

The steady decline in the physical nature of his play (last two years in particular) has been proof that the guy has a 'bullseye' on his back as far as referee's are concerned.

The old saying that 'you don't know what you got till it's gone' is going to ring true throughout the league if Brad doesn't come back. The most discussed player in the league and it's a big void to fill, I wouldn't mind betting that Voth sells more tickets at other teams rinks than any other 'away' player (even Mcmorrow) and as a result every time is going to feel the financial burden of a league with Voth.

+1 :D He's great, will be sad to see him leave, but he's given us 5 years of magic and in return the Elite League has given him years of poop :evil: !!

Koop11

Whether Brad returns for a 6th season or not, he is well established as a Devils legend.

Admittedly he has struggled to live up to the 60+ season of 2007/2008 but I honestly feel much of that has been down to the fact that in recent years he has been targeted by officials and influences within this mickey mouse league.

At 30 and as I understand with a lovely lady waiting for him back home, I could understand if Brad decided to hang up his skates for the Devils. I think any decision may also be influenced by who will be part of the coaching set up next season.

Either way, Brad is still here and has work to do in the playoffs.