Mountain Biking

Thread starter #1
Just wondered if there are any other mountain biking Devils fans out there ?

Took up this awesome sport a year ago and cant get enough of it.

If there is anyone out there maybe we could get together and arrange a ride.

What bikes are people riding ?

TheStub

Used to cycle almost everywhere, until I got run over cycling to work. Not many hills in Scunny though.

Can't wait until my leg is well enough to let me get back in the saddle,and I've replaced my mangled wreck of a bike.

Jones72

Just started riding again...but not as often as I'd like to. Planning on getting out a lot more often over the coming weeks.

Been riding a Dawes Acoma DX off and on since 2000, but just bought myself a Marin B17...so as soon as I get my fitness up to where it needs to be (thanks to the in-the-process of-being-modded-for-road-use Dawes) I'll be hitting Afan and any other trails near here.

Anyone know of anything a bit more 'wild' than the taff trail in the Cardiff area (i.e. rideable from home rather than drive)? There used to be some stuff in Heath Park years ago (when I was a kid), and I've seen a section of what looks to be a bit more interesting off the taff trail by Talybont. Not sure what else is around.

Thread starter #12
I live in Thornhill and take it from me the north of Cardiff may not be mtb heaven but its not bad.

I ride 3 times a week taking in various routes on the Caerphilly Ridgeway, Draethen woods, up to the mast in Machen, through the woods at the top of Rhiwbina Hill, around the trails behind Castell Coch, on the network of trails behind the quarry in Morganstown and up and over the Garth in Gwaelod to name just a few places. You can also ride from Cwmcarn back to Cardiff without touching a road !

If not on my own I ride with a small friendly crowd who are always happy for a newbie to tag along.

If you're interested I'll let you know when we're riding next ?

Anyone else ?

I love my Specialized Stumpjumper ! (Sad I know.... but true)

Jones72

Cool...I'll get my maps out!!

Right now, my fitness level is so poor I wouldn't want to ride in a group (the shame would be too much!)...but soon as I'm up to speed I'll be there.

Incidentally...I'm block 3H11.

Thread starter #14
I'll catch up with you when the season starts. You'd be more than welcome to join us. I'm more than happy to show you the routes on a map during the period breaks of a game. OS 1:25000 are the best, get one for Cardiff and another for Newport.

Cheers