Mosienko Leaves Steelers

Devil94

I suspect it came down to the instigator rule. That was a game Coventry needed to win, they had a powerplay after what Fitzy did, if Klotz had dropped the gloves he would have had the instigator penalty and cancelled out the penalty. Coventry then scored on that powerplay to tie the game so you could say it was the right decision on the night. Maybe not if Stewart is now out injured.
Can see them going tonight though.

KaneDevils

Moose was the one that exposed the betting scam in the first place when he refused to take part in the game fixing.
Didn't he bet that the opposition would score in a certain period? Hardly match fixing if the case. Completely stupid but could of also been totally innocent.
Apologies if I'm mistaken, but I'm sure that's what happened.......

Electro

If your betting on someone doing something in an event your neither involved in or know the participants, yes not an issue. It's when the opposite of that scenario happens and it just happens to go your way, that makes it dubious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

voth26

I don't understand what's wrong with what Simms has said. He's rightly annoyed, just as we would be. And his comment of if he doesn't want to be here, he'll take him himself - I'm sure plenty on here would say something quite similar if the shoe was on the other foot.

And I would be very surprised if Simms wasn't one of the first to know, Electro. He does near enough run that club.
The issue for me is that Simms is only a mouthpiece for the squeelers, i could understand more if it was thommo who made the comment

Mooney#16

I suspect it came down to the instigator rule. That was a game Coventry needed to win, they had a powerplay after what Fitzy did, if Klotz had dropped the gloves he would have had the instigator penalty and cancelled out the penalty. Coventry then scored on that powerplay to tie the game so you could say it was the right decision on the night. Maybe not if Stewart is now out injured.
Can see them going tonight though.
I get that there are plenty of times you're going suck one up for the score line but in this league with the goal tending set up the way it is you simply have to have zero tolerance to contact with your Nettie. The price of losing him and the effect on the locker room for the season far out weighs any instigator penalty and any ref worth his salt ain't calling an instigator on a goalie interference penalty.

Jonesy83

I get that there are plenty of times you're going suck one up for the score line but in this league with the goal tending set up the way it is you simply have to have zero tolerance to contact with your Nettie. The price of losing him and the effect on the locker room for the season far out weighs any instigator penalty and any ref worth his salt ain't calling an instigator on a goalie interference penalty.

Seems Klotz went looking for Fitzgerald last night in reply for the Stewart hit

Temme

Didn't he bet that the opposition would score in a certain period? Hardly match fixing if the case. Completely stupid but could of also been totally innocent.
Apologies if I'm mistaken, but I'm sure that's what happened.......
Yes something like that - however when you reveal the whole story - Mosienko + 1 more player AND the teams back-up goalie were in on it, so the goalie was in essence letting goals through knowing the 3 would profit, and the players obviously making bad plays at specific points of the game to enforce turnovers.

The issue came when Moose was back in the team and the trio approached the starting goalie to do the same, and credit to Moose for going straight to the head coach/manager and revealing what was going on.