Morrisette

In post match interview BP said 10 stitches. JM was sat in block 5 during game with Richardson, Quiney and Blight and seemed ok from what I could see.

As i was stewarding in the away block, I saw it close up. He looked to take a puck to the face, plus got tangled with Mac. looked a bit unsure where he was TBH. There was blood on the ice, so i am guessing stitches, plus saw him after the whistle and looked to be sporting a nice shiner to go with it.
Just what we needed. NOT.
Was lucky as i think M Myers also got hit with a puck in the warm up, but obviously not as bad.

I didn't see the incident but surely there is no way that a player should get injured during warm up! I don't know who was at fault but measures should be put in place to ensure this doesn't happen again. :roll:

TheStub

shoes_off said:
I didn't see the incident but surely there is no way that a player should get injured during warm up! I don't know who was at fault but measures should be put in place to ensure this doesn't happen again. :roll:
That is sarcasm right?

Ocko

TheStub said:
shoes_off said:
That is sarcasm right?
:lol: maybe shoes_off wants them to use those orange street pucks!?

Seriously though, what could possibly be put in place? NHL players dont even wear helmets in the warm up. It's just one of those unlucky things, I cant recall any other incident of a player getting injured in a warm up.

Jake and Myers may have been nothing more that an accident but asking guys to step up to cover a short bench leads to fatigue. Its only a matter of time before fatigue leads to injury, leaving your bench shorter still. Its a downward spiral that can very easily escalate if you are not careful we may well be paying the price for not providing cover/replacing players that have been let go.

It does happen. I recall Jason Stone colliding with Ian Cooper (Durham Wasps) at the WNIR. Whilst Heather dealt with Stony, Barbara looked after Ian before he went to CRI to be stitched up after she refused to do it.

Well it gave us an advantage although CRI must have been quit that night as Ian was back for the 2nd period.

DevilDom

toy_car_uk said:
Jake and Myers may have been nothing more that an accident but asking guys to step up to cover a short bench leads to fatigue. Its only a matter of time before fatigue leads to injury, leaving your bench shorter still. Its a downward spiral that can very easily escalate if you are not careful we may well be paying the price for not providing cover/replacing players that have been let go.
Exactly. You could see many of the players were absolutely exhausted last night. A number of Devils players fell over or fanned on pases / shots last night for no particular reason probably brought on by Fatigue. Prime example being Ben (one of our smoothest and fastest skaters) who fell over inexplicably for I think it was the Giants 2nd or 3rd goal leaving a 2 on 1 and Plumpton who fanned on a shot 2 yards out on a open goal.

One thing that did puzzle me was why we agreed to a schedule that see's us getting the same flight back to Cardiff that the Giants arrived on? This surely takes away all the advantage of home ice.

DevilDom said:
toy_car_uk said:
Exactly. You could see many of the players were absolutely exhausted last night. A number of Devils players fell over or fanned on pases / shots last night for no particular reason probably brought on by Fatigue. Prime example being Ben (one of our smoothest and fastest skaters) who fell over inexplicably for I think it was the Giants 2nd or 3rd goal leaving a 2 on 1 and Plumpton who fanned on a shot 2 yards out on a open goal.

One thing that did puzzle me was why we agreed to a schedule that see's us getting the same flight back to Cardiff that the Giants arrived on? This surely takes away all the advantage of home ice.
Its not unusual for the players to fan shots or fall over. happens numerous times in every game I've been too. The guys may of been fatigued but I don't think you can really use that as evidence.