More good news

Finny

The first time I read that I thought that he hadn't actually signed yet??

Either way, great to see Max back for another season. One of the best players in the EIHL era and can dominate a game on his own when he is on top form.

ASHIPP

Great to see Max back for yet another season. :D

Max is a top drawer forward with a top drawer attitude. His loyalty and enthusiasm for the Devils is plain to see. Even when injured last season, he insisted on travelling to away games and was virtually a permanent fixture next to Franny on the bench! You could feel the frustration that he couldn't get on the ice!

Max is determined to come back at his best after that injury....somehow think we will see another great season from him. :D

osh

Agree with ASHIPP, couldn't really see him going anywhere else tbh.
So, we now have 5 more imports to sign, 1 D + 4 F I would imagine.

Don't get me wrong, Max has been a great player for us and I'm pleased that the club has shown him the same loyalty that he has shown the club.

However, I do wonder if he will ever be as effective after such a major injury and am a bit concerned that he may re-aggravate it again. Would love him to prove me wrong though :)

shoes_off said:
Don't get me wrong, Max has been a great player for us and I'm pleased that the club has shown him the same loyalty that he has shown the club.

However, I do wonder if he will ever be as effective after such a major injury and am a bit concerned that he may re-aggravate it again. Would love him to prove me wrong though :)
I feel the same way. Max has been a brilliant player to watch over the years and I hope he remains as effective as ever.

shoes_off said:

He came to us in the first place after recovering from a major injury and was very effective. Admittedly different injury this time but I've got a feeling Max will prove you wrong, so you will get your wish ;)

The surgeon who operated on Max has performed the same procedure on guys who are currently playing international rugby. I know it's a different sport but some of the impacts are very similair.

shoes_off said:

When you've had an injury that could possibly cripple you for life. You don't come back if there's any chance you could re-aggrevate it surely? I think he will have had the all clear from the quacks, and if they had any doubt about it they'd advise he never played again, so im happy to put that to bed. He possibly may be a little slow to hit form after such a long time out, my gut is, he'll fly off the starting blocks as usual. Even if the guy under achieves by his normal standereds hes likely to out perform the majority of the forwards, so never a bad sigining if you ask me.

Paul Sullivan

I always feel that Max is a player who suffers due to his affability and proximity to the Club.

To clarify: if Belfast or Nottingham signed a player with his CV there would be rave reviews.

The guy is an absolute talent. Consummate power-forward, exemplary professional and highly skilled, high-scoring player that can annihilate opponents with his physicality.

And that's without discussing the undeniable charisma and personality he brings to the Devils.

I am VERY pleased to have Maxi back with us for another year.