MNL Coverage Tonight

Thread starter #1
Early on this evening I had e-mails enquiring if I was going to get any information on the ENL game at the tent.

I managed to get two texters who supplied me with basic information. The updates on the ENL game were well received judging by the e-mails into MNL.

Fubar, who ever you are, took offence over the ENL crap as he called it and if he had wanted news on the ENL game he would have gone to the Tent.

Well the converse is also true if he wanted news on the EIHL game then he should have gone to Belfast.

As far as I am concerned Devils hockey in Cardiff encompasses all hockey activity and so it should.

Well done to the ENL Devils and as has been stated elsewhere on this website they served up better fare than what has been on offer from the Devils.

OJ

I thought MNL for both matches was a great idea.

I went to watch ENL tonight, but if I hadn't I would have been logged in and really appreciative of the dual update.

I read the MNL postings when I got home and would have enjoyed them.

Skippy

"Fubar, who ever you are, took offence over the ENL crap as he called it and if he had wanted news on the ENL game he would have gone to the Tent."

People are way to quick to moan to much its not like anyone had to read it.

Coverage was cool :D thanks for the updates

I love the MNL as well, I can rarely afford to travel away, so I always tune in, but I was down the tent tonight and the fellas played really well, but if I had been stuck at home I too would have been greatful for both updates, I support all Devils from the Elite to the Under 10 Junior Devils :D

Russky

To be fair to OJ I think he did a great job in keeping us updated on both games. I chose not to go to the rink as I wanted to follow the Boys in Belfast on MNL! I was also interested on how the ENL boys were doing so to get updates on that was a bonus. I didnt pay the £5 for the webcast as I only have 256mb of ram on my pc so the internet stream would have come through in fits and starts and would have been of too poor a quality to watch and not worth spending £5 on!

MNL is a great service and needs to be supported!

A

Anonymous

Yep, reports on both games was great, thanks to all who helped with the updates. I can rarely afford to go to home or away games so for me the MNL is bloody great !!

Fubar

Nott Simpson said:
Early on this evening I had e-mails enquiring if I was going to get any information on the ENL game at the tent.

Fubar, who ever you are, took offence over the ENL crap as he called it and if he had wanted news on the ENL game he would have gone to the Tent.

Well the converse is also true if he wanted news on the EIHL game then he should have gone to Belfast.

As far as I am concerned Devils hockey in Cardiff encompasses all hockey activity and so it should.

OJ
who ever i am stands at the back of Block 9, usely with a Darcy Tucker Leaf shirt on...my friends call me Jed, so feel free to pop up and say hi!

MNL has always been for the Devils. i travel away with my job and often tune into MNL when i can, to get updates. As far as i can remember i have never had updates for ENL Devils.

I dont understand what your on about with your "Well the converse is true"...Tell me again the purpose of MNL and why it was set up??

And your final point doesnt hold any water whatsoever....give me an occassion where the Devils didnt have a game and the ENL Devils where playing and MNL was set up solely for ENL updates?? Didnt think so. MNL was ALWAYS updates on the EIHL....whether you now choose to incorporate other Devil related match night scores is up to you. The 6 replies to this thread shows at least 6 people appreciated it.... :lol:

If this is the way forward for you guys, at least change font colours for the different games covered

I got a bit confused during the start of the coverage when things like "Devils Goal!" was posted. I thought this was a goal for the EIHL team. While I have no problem with two matches being updated on MNL (even if the match at the top of the screen says Giants vs Devils), maybe it should be made clearer when updates from the match we haven't logged on to watch are being posted

wildthing74

Not sure what was said by Fubar Oj but to be fair his points on this thread are right.It was confusing when "Devils goal"was displayed and it turned out to be the ENL team.
To be fair that did seem to get changed later in MNL but surely most if not all that tuned in were expecting the EIHL updates as this is what MNL serves.

Sliput

I too, love watching/reading MNL as i cant make most home games but have to admit i got a bit confused last night reading them both....maybe next time putting ''ENL'' before Devils would make things a little easier :)

TheStub

I believe last night was a first, covering both games in the same scroll.

Hopefully people enjoyed it, and we know how to cover both more effectively next time. It shows how the support for the ENL game has come along, that there is now a demand for it.

As much as people may agree with some of what fubar said, he could have gone about it much better by providing constructive criticism. This is a service that doesn't have to be provided and is there for free. Instead of just saying how crap it was etc. he could have suggested that maybe they try creating a seprate scroll or simply change the colour of font for the ENL game updates.
I think its great that both was covered, all you have to do is look at the score up the top to know if the goal was for the devils or not as its the first thing to update, but there we go.

Chris

Administrator
Have only just got back from Belfast *sigh* but I heard of this thread and the complaint(s).

Without going into it, OJ has our full support, without his help the chances are we wouldn't have half a good MNL as we do.

However as Gareth says, it's also the first time we've tried this so there are improvements to be made, this is no fault of OJs as the system simply wasn't designed to cope with two games. Fubar is correct that MNL was setup originally to provide coverage for the Elite team as that is/was the primary concern of The-Inferno.

The ENL team is picking up a lot of support though, and it's only right that we cater for all of the teams through the website, forums and even MNL. Match Night Live is James and Gareths baby, all I know is that it works and it works damn well, but if I ask nicely we may be able to implement some changes in.

Chris.

kettdevil1

Chris said:
Have only just got back from Belfast *sigh* but I heard of this thread and the complaint(s).

Without going into it, OJ has our full support, without his help the chances are we wouldn't have half a good MNL as we do.

However as Gareth says, it's also the first time we've tried this so there are improvements to be made, this is no fault of OJs as the system simply wasn't designed to cope with two games. Fubar is correct that MNL was setup originally to provide coverage for the Elite team as that is/was the primary concern of The-Inferno.

The ENL team is picking up a lot of support though, and it's only right that we cater for all of the teams through the website, forums and even MNL. Match Night Live is James and Gareths baby, all I know is that it works and it works damn well, but if I ask nicely we may be able to implement some changes in.

Chris.
Totally agree, the ENL updates provided a nice bonus to the doom and gloom in Belfast. Given that it was a very big game for the ENL Devils it was only right that it was covered.

If people were getting confused perhaps using a different colout for the ENL coverage might work?

E.D.S.

Great coverage guys. Fantastic updates. I couldn't live without it.
Really really appreciate all that you do.
I'm definitely more interested in going to see the ENL as a result of your updates. The games sound end to end with the odd scrap thrown in as well. I ended up looking on You Tube for some clips and there's some great footage on there.
Thanks again guys